Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Built For BlackBerry

Contributor
harshalbid271
My Device: Newb Playbook Developer

Re: Jam Europe trip - allaboard portathon

Easy, why the hate? Had you been as eager as me and followed the blogs and tweets from RIM employees you would have known that submiting beforhand was permitted.

You branding me a cheat is completely uncalled for. I've been nothing but polite on this forum.
Please use plain text.
Developer
bcs925
My Device: PlayBook, DA B, DA C, LE Z10 #102, Q10, Z30

I never said you cheated, I only may have implied that you might have not followed the rules and that's why you didn't receive an email. :smileywink: I can only speak for myself and I submitted during like you were supposed to (I followed the T&C not tweets).

---
Check out my BB10 Cascades Coding site: BBcascades.com & Cascades Blog: bbcascadescode.tumblr.com

My Built for BlackBerry app: The Dive Plan
Please use plain text.
Contributor
harshalbid271

Sure, whatever. Have a good day.
Please use plain text.
Developer
bcs925

Don't come on public forums with questions if you don't like the answers. You asked something and I gave a possible solution. Look at it this way, if nothing else you submitted 10+ apps to BB10 and hopefully you make good money off them from users. After all that's the real goal, not submitting things in a certain timeframe just to win prizes.
---
Check out my BB10 Cascades Coding site: BBcascades.com & Cascades Blog: bbcascadescode.tumblr.com

Please use plain text.
Developer
QuiteSimple
My Device: Torch 9810

Just to elaborate on submission times. I submitted the first 10 apps in about 20 minutes, 6 of them are ports from PlayBook, so the product was already there and I had to submit only the bar files. The other 4 apps took about 4 minutes per app to create product description, upload graphics etc and upload bar file.Well, I have won few local StarCraft tournaments in the past, which means that I click really fast :smileywink:

Anyway I didn't won the Jam Europe trip. I guess vendors submitting only PlayBook ports were much faster than me.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Please use plain text.
Developer
bcs925

They still haven't announced the winners...
---

Please use plain text.
Developer
scrid2000
My Device: Red Z10, 32GB PlayBook, Numerous Android/WP8/FirefoxOS/Other devices

Has anyone heard anything? 

Most of my apps from the port a thon haven't even been approved yet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Developer
smiley
My Device: Z10

Are you kidding? This is the last port correct?

I got all my approved but still have not received email confirming cash reward.

Just email about receiving the dev unit and wait for further email.

this whole port o thing is taking way too long.  If approved then just send us the stuff already.

Please use plain text.
Developer
scrid2000
My Device: Red Z10, 32GB PlayBook, Numerous Android/WP8/FirefoxOS/Other devices

Yeah, the one that was a month or so ago (the All Aboard PortAThon).

Three or four of them have been approved, but the rest are in App World limbo.

Got an email a few days after the portathon saying two were eligible, but not mentioning the others.

Very weird. I'm pretty nervous about it, not gonna lie.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Contributor
harshalbid271

I'm doing even worse. I got no email acknowledging my participation in allaboard portathon at all after having submitted 11 apps. And communication is very poor from RIM, I feel lucky if I receive any reply to my mail in 2-3 business days, and I don't expect the situation to get any better considering the portathon on 11th will add more to their work.

I was hoping to win a trip to Jam Europe, but now it looks like I'll be lucky to just get the promised cash reward.
Please use plain text.