Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Built For BlackBerry

Developer
My Device: Q10, Z10LE, Nokia N950, DAB....
My Carrier: Telekom Slovakia
Accepted Solution

Limited Edition Incentive Program

Hi guys

Can i question about this program?

Before i submitted my app to the Built for Blackberry program, i logged to this BFB Limited Edition Incentive program, but i get no notification about my login was accepted. 

And now my app is Built for BlackBerry  and i want to know if i need to Login again or is my account already logged for the BFB LE?

Thank you so much for answers

Best regards

If helped give a like. If your problem was solved mark the post as "Solution"
Portfolio: BlackBerry Nokia
Social: Twitter | Facebook
About Me / Blog DevPDA | Blog
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Limited Edition Incentive Program

I suggest waiting as per below and if you hear nothing the get in contact with BlackBerry...

7. How will the LE device be awarded?
  • If you qualify for a Reward, you will receive an email with redemption instructions within approximately 2 weeks of your App being approved.
  • Allow approximately 4-6 weeks for delivery of Reward.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer
My Device: Q10, Z10LE, Nokia N950, DAB....
My Carrier: Telekom Slovakia

Thank you. I read this. I thought if I should login again using the online form on Built for BlackBerry page. Cause I do not know if my login was accepted.

Anyway, I'll try to wait.

Best regards

If helped give a like. If your problem was solved mark the post as "Solution"
Portfolio: BlackBerry Nokia
Social: Twitter | Facebook
About Me / Blog DevPDA | Blog
New Developer
My Device: Z10, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Rogers, Bell

I also registered for the program. However, I need some clarification...

I thought the deadline for submitting and getting BFB status was October 31, which I did.

I did not realize that the app had to be submitted BEFORE August 27, and then have it approved for BFB by October 31. I have 2 apps with BFB approval and the timing is as follows:

MEMORY CALCULATOR app - submitted around July 25, and BFB approved August 13.

CONVERTER PRO app  - submitted around September 12, and BFB approved September 25.

However, neither of them (I thought the 2nd one would qualify) seems to fall into the strict timing rules for the LE Incentive. Is this true? In that case, if I knew I would have held back on my apps and timed them to release that way.

Any thoughts, advice? I was really hoping to quality for the LE incentive and filled in the form as well, but I didn't realize the app had to be in before August 27, and BFB approved between Aug 27 --> Oct 31 timing. I have 2 apps now with BFB, one submitted before Aug 27, one submitted after Aug 27, and both approved well before Oct 31 deadline.

Any help would be appreciated.

Contributor
My Device: developer
My Carrier: kpn

I think your CONVERTER PRO app will qualify if it is a new App.

Where do you find that apps should be submitted before August 27 for the Incentive Program?

According to the program rules the program is launched at August 27:

Built for BlackBerry Limited Edition Program FAQ

1. What are the key dates for this program?
  • The program will launch August 27, 2013.
  • All apps must be submitted for BfB approval by October 21, 2013 (“Submission Deadline”).
  • Because BlackBerry World approval must be obtained prior to submitting for Built for BlackBerry approval, it is recommended that Apps be submitted to BlackBerry World by October 11, 2013 which will allow ten (10) days for BlackBerry World review and approval in order to submit to BfB approval by the Submission Deadline.
  • All apps submitted by the Submission Deadline will be tested by approximately October 31, 2013.
  • If your app is initially rejected, you have until November 30, 2013 to re-submit your app for approval to be eligible for a Reward under this Program. You will be permitted to re-submit the app up to two (2) times.

I was wondering if there are developers here who have already recieved an email with redemption instructions?

Developer

I'll show you mine if you show me yours... :-)

http://developer.blackberry.com/builtforblackberry/documentation/lebfbincentive.html

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer

Yep, T&C's link dates are different...

http://developer.blackberry.com/builtforblackberry/documentation/lebfbincentive/terms.html

So who knows what the dates are. :-)

Developer

Perhaps someone who is interested in this and knows someone at BlackBerry can get them to clarify.

New Developer
My Device: Z10, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Rogers, Bell

I noticed the dates on the site now seem to suggest the app had to be submitted PRIOR to Aug. 27. However, my understanding (and what I read) was that a new app had to be developed and submitted and approved for BFB any time between the time of the incentive announcement and October 21st.

The guidelines posted by BerryBlack13 is what I remember.

But then if you go to the actual form where you fill in your info it says:

• Submit your app to BlackBerry World as of Aug 27, 2013

(https://developer.blackberry.com/builtforblackberry/documentation/lebfbincentive.html)

So I may not understand the definition of "as of"... does that mean any time between August 27 to Oct. 21? In that case, my CONVERTER PRO app *should* qualify as it is a totally new application, submitted and approved for BFB within that time frame. I just have to hope I was the first of 250 apps to qualify.

However, I did not receive any emails or any updates on the incentive program so I have no idea. I've filled out the form a few times but no confirmation or contacts at all.

Developer

[ Edited ]

You're right the T&C's have now changed the app must have been submitted to BFB by Oct 21st.
There's now a recommendation that you submit your app for BW by the 11th, so for those going for this make sure you've done it by tomorrow!!!