Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Built For BlackBerry

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: NA

Orientation

Does my app have to support both lanscape and portrait orientations to qualify? Or can I just use landscape.

Also, if i can just use landscape does it have to support both landscape orientations, becuase there is a bug in cascades that doesnt allow this at the minute.

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Apps: Instruments | ARTPAD | Piano | Drums | Xylophone
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Orientation

I believe in the webcasts (you know where those are, right?) they said that not only do we have to support portrait and landscape where that makes any sense, but also even the keyboard phones (maybe not before launch, but I guess once they're available anyway).

Obviously some apps (e.g. certain games) CANNOT be made to work on all orientations and form factors, but at the least those which can, apparently need to be. If I got that right... I'd have to watch them again to confirm for myself.

I wouldn't worry about the bug... there's another update on the way in just a few days, and surely it will have fixed it.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!