Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Built For BlackBerry

Contributor
citydog
My Device: Dev Alpha A
My Carrier: Koodo

Pending Review BB10 App

Hi,

I've an app (id 20356709) that's been submitted to App World on Jan 8th.  As of today, it is still in pending status.

On the playbook, it used to be always within a week.  What's a reasonable expectation for an app to get approved on BB10?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Pending Review BB10 App

There has been a lot of port-a-thons. Last weekend introduced 15K apps. This weekend, RIM might get another 20K apps. That has basically put the review process to a screeching halt.

There is no reasonable expectation to get it approved in the short term. All that we heard is if you get it in by the 21st, it will be approved by launch (7 days later??).

There is no hope to get a response, get the rejection email for BFB, fix it and then have it ready by launch.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
jetstreamblue
My Device: Z10 LE #00055
My Carrier: Telus

I have an app waiting for approval since Dec 31.
VENTURCON
For BB10: e-Mmanuel Bible Reader, e-Mmanuel Audio Bible, PM Assist
For PlayBook: e-Mmanuel Bible Reader, Business Analysis Toolbox
Please use plain text.
Developer
raffi
My Device: Z10 & Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Supposedly apps submitted by Jan 11th are supposed to get priority so that they can be submitted for B4BB approval.

I'm seeing RIM employees on the portathon say that portathon apps are being given priority in the queue. Why? I'm going to be screwed out of my dev rewards because of this...

What's going on?
Please use plain text.
Developer
helex
My Device: Nokia N950 / BB Playbook
My Carrier: -

[ Edited ]

If I understood during the Port-A-Thon correctly they are aware of this. They will see if it is needed to push the deadline for a day or not. But they will see on Monday if this is needed or not. At least they admitted that there may be a slightly small issue with "too many submissions" :smileyvery-happy:

My record for App approval was so far 21 days. Without all those "deadlines" and "submit during this weekend to get $100" I would be fine to see my Apps approved 3 or 4 days after launch. Interesting times... :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Developer
raffi

Agreed. They seem to have done this to themselves. By allowing App Generator and Android apps for the portathon they're just asking for thousands of basic, **bleep**ty apps. No offense to those who submitted apps like that, but I'm sure that's not what we need in the BB World for a successful launch.

These promos are nice but the rules being so lax makes for low quality, high quantity submissions. All the while, my app is ignored. Peh.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lamike
My Device: Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: 3106343112

I am worried about this too...

What if my app gets rejected over one minor issue, but I am only notified after the resubmission deadline?

It would be really great if we got some confirmation from Blackberry that we won't miss out on the rewards beacause of the massive influx of apps the past couple of weeks. Doesn't seem fair to me. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

If you are submitted before the deadline, you are OK. The deadline was not the date to hear about acceptance. It appears that a lot of apps submitted for BFB are Android apps, which will automatically get disqualified. However, this will still take some time away from qualified apps.

The problem is larger, if you get initially rejected for a minor issue and have to re-submit. That is where we all might be in trouble to get the finished, certified app out to the market place in time.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lamike
My Device: Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: 3106343112

Sorry for the confusion guys, I am talking about the rewards for last weeks Port-A-Thon... the deadline for resubmission was tomorrow, but I haven't heard back from my initial submission.

Just wondering if the deadline would be extended 

Please use plain text.
Developer
raffi

jtegen wrote:
If you are submitted before the deadline, you are OK. The deadline was not the date to hear about acceptance. It appears that a lot of apps submitted for BFB are Android apps, which will automatically get disqualified. However, this will still take some time away from qualified apps.

The problem is larger, if you get initially rejected for a minor issue and have to re-submit. That is where we all might be in trouble to get the finished, certified app out to the market place in time.

I submitted before the deadline (11th) and they said you have to hear back about acceptance before the 21st because that's the last day you can submit to phase 2 (Built for BlackBerry). That's what I was talking about.

Didn't realize the thread was about the port-a-thon.

Please use plain text.