Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Built For BlackBerry

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: Pending Review BB10 App

[ Edited ]

I dont think anyone was able to hear back in ten days if their app qualified for BFB. Remember, it has to be qualified for BFB prior to being able to qualify for 10K. The 10K deadline was first, but BFB is tomorrow. I think they wanted the extra 10 days to make certain those apps would be reviewed for BFB in time for launch. However, when they made that schedule, I am certain no one on RIMs side believed 60K apps would be submitted during the same time. So they are rushing to sort things out.

The wont relax the schedule because the release date is firm and there are a lot of things in play based on that date that has a greater impact then these programs. For these dates to slip, would require the release date to slip and RIM gets killed in the press each time they seem to not be able to hold a date. New management, new rules.

Please remember also, the consumer base wont be able to get phones in mass for a couple of weeks after the kick off date.

If you got your app in time, and it qualifies for BFB, you will be on the 10K payroll. If it fails BFB, you will probably be given a suitable amount of time to resolve it and still qualify. As we seen in other threads, BFB is not easy (nor should it be), so if you have a marginal quality app, dont be upset if you did not get accepted to these programs.

Developer
raffi
My Device: Z10 & Z30

I'm with you on that, but my point is that I haven't been able to submit for B4BB qualification yet simply because my app is still pending for approval into BB World. There's 3 steps for an app to go through.

1. Approval into BB World
2. Approval into B4BB
3. Approval into 10k

So far I'm still waiting on step 1, and submission for step 2 is due tomorrow. That's my primary concern right now.

I agree that they probably underestimated the number of apps they'd receive, but that doesn't mean they should leave us in the dark. Delaying the deadlines for apps to be submitted to B4BB qualification would have no impact on the release date of the devices since that's purely a dev promo deadline. The apps are already submitted so there's no impact on release dates.

We'll hopefully hear more tomorrow.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

I understand now. I guess I began to see the bottle neck with App World about a month ago so I got apps in to get approved, knowing I would have an update prior to BFB submission.
Developer
Zukka
My Device: PlayBook 64 Gb and Z10 LE

you have contacted your BlackBerry evangelist for this problem?

If U like my post click on LIKE :smileywink:
Developer
raffi

I have contacted a variety of them on twitter, all of which have completely ignored every single attempt I have made to find any answer. Anything at all, even "stop bothering me" would be an answer at this point. They're just straight up ignoring me while posting tweets about what they're having for lunch.
Developer
Zukka
My Device: PlayBook 64 Gb and Z10 LE

I'm thrilled. My Evangelist is very helpful and present. Good news is that they have extended the deadline of Build for BlackBerry and 10k .

If U like my post click on LIKE :smileywink:
Contributor
citydog
My Device: Dev Alpha A

I'm starting to get a bit impatient now...  It's been over two weeks and four more release review requests after still not a single action.

With the deadline looming, any response will be better than no response.  Any developer out there who has their apps submitted and approved within approximately the past couple weeks?

Developer
SangramPatil
My Device: BB10 Dev Aplha

Even I have many apps pending for a long time... When we submitted the apps in one of the prvious port-a-thon, they said, they will consider the apps approved by 25Jan for payment incentives. But the apps are still not reviewed.

I have added more release to some applications but most of the apps are still pending.

Developer
raffi

My app (never changed the release, though I was thinking of doing it but decided not to in case it would bump the queue) still is pending review.
Developer
bcs925
My Device: PlayBook, DA B, DA C, LE Z10 #102, Q10, Z30

Just throwing this out there... I have had a app pending review for BFB for over a month (submitted for review on Dec 19), so even once you get your app into BlackBerrry World, the review process for BFB is VERY long.

---
Check out my BB10 Cascades Coding site: BBcascades.com & Cascades Blog: bbcascadescode.tumblr.com

My Built for BlackBerry app: The Dive Plan