Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Built For BlackBerry

Regular Contributor
aesteral
My Device: Blackberry Whatever

Re: Rejected app for built for Blackberry without specific details

Just got my rejection email and I must say that it was really verbose:

- Please add more feature and functionality since right now it does not meet the quality standard we are looking for.

Well, that was just nice. I'll just have to add a function or two and call it a day or I really do not know.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

I understand your frustration. It is difficult to get a rejection on work that you did. When RIM posts criteria in bullet form (use invocation, use BB UI, etc.) then the reviewer cannot be subjective unless there is an obvious UX issue that can be easily explained and resolved. All 5 of my apps have been initially rejected and I am still waiting to find out why. All of them were totally redone for BB10.

You're right. How many days do we have to wait to hear from RIM to resolve B4BB issues to get it fixed and re-submitted by 1/21.
Developer
helex
My Device: Nokia N950 / BB Playbook

[ Edited ]

peter9477 wrote:
Helex, how did you monitor for the clipboard changes?

My guess is, since they'd pay extra close attention to run_when_backgrounded apps, that you're polling for the changes in the filesystem. If that's so, I think it's a likely cause of their concern over performance.

Thanks for your reply peter. Sorry for my late answer, I were busy wasting time for RIM during the weekend, developing heavily my projects for the Port-A-Thon and searching a heavy bug at ClipMan I could have missed. I had also the fear it was declined because of this:

- Built for BlackBerry apps must exhibit top performance utilizing the hardware in the device. Please review the link provided below, as the features and functionality do not meet the criteria of the Built for BlackBerry program.

https://developer.blackberry.com/builtforblackberry/documentation/criteria/checklist.html

But it put out it was rather a generally used sentence for a App which has not enought features to be attractive enought for Built for BlackBerry. I got in the meantime a more detailed clarification why my app was declined and it was clearly no performance issue. I had already tried to measure the impact regarting the battery life and stand by time myself without opening the DevAlpha and it seemed fine to me. (After charging the device I recorded using a camera a video which I checked afterwars after how many hours the green light appears and the Device turned off) - no measurable impact over here, also no visible impact at CPU load and it seems RIM found also no impact regarding the background execution.

Sadly the mail had a confidential footer, so I'm not sure if I'm able to share the content here. :smileysad:

Developer
zezke
My Device: Z10 (red Limited Edition)

I got the following message in the Vendor Portal:

Please note that your app has not been accepted into the Built for BlackBerry program, an email will follow with more information.

But no mail. I noticed this message two days ago. Any advise?

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Regular Contributor
ametller
My Device: Not Specified

It seems that everybody is getting his app rejected...

You can't do anything mate. Just wait until you receive the email, which can take up to 10 working days as far as I know...

Developer
zezke
My Device: Z10 (red Limited Edition)

I understand that they're pretty busy, but what's the logic in denying the approval and not sending the mail right away? I guess I keep waiting and hoping for my other two apps.

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Developer
jtegen

The terms and conditions allow up to 10 days for them to send you an email.

As I mentioned in another thread, I dont see too many BFB apps available at launch. Which will hurt sales for many.
New Contributor
wallacedigital
My Device: Developer

This was what they sent me:

(snip)

Though it is not our place to tell you how to build your application, we do suggest that you consider improving in follow area:

• ·         - There's some text that not didn’t displayed properly  (Enter Your Exercise appear as Enter Your Exercise)

(snip)

Given the horribly broken English in the email, I'd speculate that the whole thing was outsourced to India.  After all this time fighting the broken/changing SDK, this type of thing is really disheartening.

I'm all for making improvements, but you have to give people something to go on.

Developer
jtegen

Yes, they are outsourcing the task. I think it is valid to have a section on "suggestions to improve", as long as they are only suggestions. When I review someones app, I do point out the minor details because they seem to stick out and reflect the attention to details.
Developer
meego_man
My Device: BlackBerry Dev Alpha B

Wow, still no apps with B4BB "stamp", that's frustrating :smileyhappy: I guess we'll have more of them after 21 January when the deadline for 10K commitment be over. I guess all this 10K commitment was just a way to attract developers to BB 10 platform (which is really great and didn't really needed all these strange tricks). I hope RIM won't get hit from media if they will find out about this (they will easily discover this after launch just by looking at the app names)