Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Built For BlackBerry

Contributor
Aarkham
My Device: Playbook

Re: Rejected app for built for Blackberry without specific details

Hello

My application (a game) was rejected and I asked for details. I received an email and they told me that performance is fine. But the menu is too dark for their taste and they think that I shoul implement something like achievements, high scores (I have high scores, althoug not directly visible), online play...

The mail also says that they evaluate all apps submitted and they award a B4B to the ones that best qualifies in their criteria. So your application may be great but if there are other in the same category it may fail certification.

I think that is fine, but the problem is that they should say that in the check list.

It seems that for games its more important to have boring achievements than being fun. Of course I know that the ideal is having everything but it looks that if there is a compromise, better compromise in graphics, fun factor... instead of achievements and the like.

Carlos

Please use plain text.
Developer
jasoncheung
My Device: Dev Alpha

Quick question, how long did it take you guys for appworld approval? I'm still waiting for that.
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Normally, about a day or two. But they have thoursands and thousands of apps in the queue. So right now, it will be nearly imposible to get an app in now, have it reviewed in time for the cutoff date.
Please use plain text.
Developer
jasoncheung
My Device: Dev Alpha

I submitted mine in the beginning of January.....
Please use plain text.
Developer
AvisDx
My Device: Z10 LE, PlayBook 32GB

jasoncheung wrote:
I submitted mine in the beginning of January.....

Same for me.

Still waiting too... 

My BB10 apps: Photo Memo | TriQuick | SkidStone | MeeBirthdays
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post.
Please use plain text.
Developer
zezke
My Device: Z10 (red Limited Edition)

It's the same here and I am getting a bit nervous. Tomorrow was supposed to be the last day that you could apply for Built for BlackBerry for the 10k commitment. I tried reaching out to RIM, but no luck so far.

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Please use plain text.
Developer
Zmey
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, DAC

My first submitted app which I was going to send for B4B testing isn't approved yet, but another one I submitted later is already approved. I hope we don't miss the deadline.

Andrey Fidrya, @zmeyc on twitter
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

If you submitted before the deadline, you are OK. If you get rejected and have to update to resolve a "minor" issue, dont expect it to be re-reviewed before the launch in 10 days. The good thing is that carriers are reporting not to start selling devices for a few weeks, so your app, if finally approved, still might make it in before consumers start their downloads.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
segopecelus
My Device: Monza

finally my apps Poster It (20356875) rejected, maybe someone could give feedback for me, what exactly feature that must deliver on my apps to qualified for BFB, thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
willyyr
My Device: Bold 9900, DevAlpha A

I just got rejected as well with my Webworks/bbui app. The problems they explained were "performance issues". I wonder if there is any webworks app that got accepted for BFBB? I don't know what to tweak any more to make it faster. I sure hope the testers are not testing on DevAlpha A? Also i'm seeing crazy screen flickering issues in my app when e.g. the browser is open or after invoking the browser from my app. 

Willy R.
-
If my post solved your problem, make it easier for others to find by Accepting it as a solution or provide a Kudo if it was helpful for you. Thanks.
Please use plain text.