Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Built For BlackBerry

Developer
TheFlowFX
My Device: Playbook 16GB

Service Integration for app?

HI,

So one of the requirements is to have at least one Service integration from the following:

-Payment Service

-Advertising Service

-Locate Servive

-Push Service

-Analytics Service

-Maps Service

Now Blackberry 10 only supports some of these as far as I know:

-Payment Service

-Locate Servive

-Push Service

-Maps Service

The problem is I have an app that doesn't need in anyway any of those services. What service left to use? 

p.s I don't just want to advertise my app here, but if you want I can link you to it and then perhaps you can tell me which service to use?

If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: Service Integration for app?

Which SDK are you using? With Cascades + NDK, all of those should be supported on BB10. I think you left out some as well...

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
TheFlowFX
My Device: Playbook 16GB

Woops forgot to mention, Im using the Webworks SDK, so not all of them are supported. 

If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

I don't do WebWorks stuff, but one option would be to search to see if anyone has made a native extension that can make another service available to your app. Maybe a BBM "Invite to Download" feature? The WebWorks forum might give some hints, not to mention possibly being a good place to ask about this.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
JCarty
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800

Mind linking to your app? It's hard to suggest what to use to you without knowing what the app does.

As peter9477 said, you can integrate BBM and the invocation service also counts.

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Developer
Marc_Paradise
My Device: PlayBook -> 9900, 9810, 9800, 9700,9000, 8800, 8700...

Take a look over here -- Webworks integrates with BBM, and BBM qualifies.  You can use it simply like updating BBM profile with app-related information, or even sending invites to share /download the app itself.

Try out BBSSH, a free Blackberry SSH client.
  • If you like my post, please let me know by Liking it!
  • If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button.