Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Built For BlackBerry

Contributor
lamike
My Device: Dev Alpha B

Why am I not eligible for rewards?

I was told by one person at Blackberry that some of the apps I submitted didn't qualify for rewards. I'm confused as to why, and I don't really think it's fair. This person told me that since I didn't upload my .bar file during the Port-A-Thon, it didn't qualify for rewards.

I created products and uploaded the .bar files prior to the Port-A-Thon, but that is completely kosher according to the terms and conditions and from multiple people at Blackberry I talked to.

Erik Oros confirmed this for me with this tweet:

Also, in the terms and conditions, the word "upload" isn't there. However the word "submit/submitting/submitted" appears 16 times in the rules. So based off of those two facts, I believe I am eligible for rewards. I "submitted" my apps in the proper time period. 

Is there anything I'm missing here? I am not trying to be difficult, I just would like to get some cash for my apps and I thought I did everything within the rules of the Port-A-Thon. 
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: Why am I not eligible for rewards?

You're in the wrong forum. This is the Built for BlackBerry forum. Maybe ask in the BBW forum.