Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Built For BlackBerry

Developer
SangramPatil
My Device: BB10 Dev Aplha
My Carrier: -

Will this qualify for BFB

I have just published the following app on App World and would like to know any inputs, which will allow the app to be qualified for BFB.

Even though I have covered all the requirements and thinks it would be BFB qualified, don't want to loose on the attempts.

World Clock

This is a paid application, however you can view the sceenshots which cover almost all the functionality, if you want to download and check, nothing like it :Yes:

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Will this qualify for BFB

Just peeked at your screenshots. Looks good to me!

It's certainly a richer app than some others that are already Built For BlackBerry certified, so I see no reason why they might reject it. They could have some minor input with respect to some of the fuzzier areas of the UI Guidelines, but even if they did I'm pretty sure it would be nothing that you couldn't deal with in a very short time.

I'd say you're safe to click Apply. :-) (Remember, you get several resubmissions, if required. Your situation seems pretty safe to me.)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
SangramPatil

Thanks Peter!

It has really incourged me to apply immdiately, however will spend some time again. I won't be surprised to see the download count increased for World Clock if you really liked it, just kidding :Clap:

Please use plain text.
Developer
SangramPatil

I submitted the app and received the following reply:

• Please add service integration. There is currently none or very little.
  • Please add drop down or pull down menu to application.

I can understand about the drop-down menu, but what about the point one? Are they seriously testing the application?How can they say that there is currently none OR very little?

Just to clarify, I am having service integration, 1. Users can Share the converted time using built-in BB Share menu, they can share it using BBM, BBM Group, email accounts and much more. 2. They can add the Calendor meeting in BB10. Is this very little service integration?

Additionaly, the first email I received was a complete shock for me. They sent a screenshot with Q10 version installed on Z10 and comment that the app is not properly alligned and not using screen-space. I really wondered how they were successful to install Q10 version on Z10. When I informed, they replied saying it is working fine now but with above comments.

I really wonder if they have completely tested my application and even if I resubmit with added menu, they might come up with some new quires.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dhruv_mahajan
My Device: blackberry DEV alpha B
My Carrier: *

Yes.It looks good to me as you have given an interactive look and followed UI guidelines.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
AditiSingh
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: *

i added service integration to my app efficiently but it got rejected as it doesn't follow bb10 UI. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.