Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Built For BlackBerry

Developer
Robdob
Accepted Solution

Your App and B4B Icon Overlay How?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I had one of my apps approved for B4B.  I received a welcome email and a download location for the assets.zip file which contained both a pdf with instructions and two B4B logos, both for white and black backgrounds.. within the instructions it talks about being able to overlay your app logo ontop of the B4B icon.,  it gives you instructions which now throughly confuse me..  I can't seem to find a BB Icon file anywhere,  I have gone to appworld and done a search for Built for Blackberry and see that some icons have this little B4B displayed within the lower right hand corner of their app icon, however mine doesn't.  Can someone please explain to me how I get the B4B logo to display within my Apps logo.  ?

Is this supposed to be automatic or something I need to create on my side and then upload via my BlackberryWorld Vendor Portal?

Thanks, in Advance,

GeoYeo - Free Local classifieds - Built for Blackberry 10, if you like it please Rate It and Share it!
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Carrier: none

Re: Your App and B4B Icon Overlay How?

It's not (currently) automatic, so you need to manually apply the overlay image to your own icon and featured image and upload them to the vendor portal the usual way.

I use Inkscape to build most of my assets, and applying the overlay was pretty simple to do in that program, though many others would work as well or even better.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
Robdob

[ Edited ]

Hi,

thanks, but I only received two different logo files in different formats ( One on Black and One on White )within ( ...Built_for_BlackBerry_Assetts.zip ),  not an overlay image file with the curl in the lower right hand corner to overlay as described within the pdf.

Is there another file I'm supposed to download from somewhere?

Thanks,

GeoYeo - Free Local classifieds - Built for Blackberry 10, if you like it please Rate It and Share it!
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477

Interesting... maybe they are moving to an automated process for applying this. I see only the same two files there that you do, and none of the two other overlay images that used to be present.

Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
Robdob

Do you have any suggestions on where I might still find a copy or should I try and touch base with someone at blackberry,

thanks,

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477

I've asked offline for some input on this thread to clarify what should be done now.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Robdob

Thank you,

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
IAmTheAllspark
My Carrier: Bell

-----------------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter @IAmTheAllspark
Please use plain text.
Developer
Robdob

Great thank you

Please use plain text.
Developer
zezke
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

It seems to be missing as well in the download link in my BFB mail. Where can I find this updated archive?

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Please use plain text.