Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Built For BlackBerry

Regular Contributor
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: *

how to generate the privacy policy to be added on vendor portal?

Acc to this post http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/tkb/articleprintpage/tkb-id/appworld_dev@tkb/article-id/33 , we have to add a url of privacy policy on our vendor portal. So how to generate the privacy policy to get appropriate url?

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: how to generate the privacy policy to be added on vendor portal?

It's expected that as a vendor you will have some kind of web page presence and if you do then you should already have some kind of privacy policy linked with that site.

If not add one and then submit the link to that page.

If you are asking for templates there are many to be found by googling, pick the one most suitable to you and your policies.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: *

ok so we can generate a privacy policy through any site which are used to generate privacy policy`?

and another query is, can we add the url of privacy policy of that app to vendor world after it get approved and is up for sale?

Developer

Or write your own, the point is that it needs to reflect what your privacy policy actually is, so if you collect data and save it you should say so.

You can change the location at any time afterwards by logging in to the Vendor Portal and clicking on Manage Account Details.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer

I recommend you click through on a few examples on the apps on BBW to get a feel for what's needed.
If you click any of the links in my sig and click on Privacy you can see mine.