Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Built For BlackBerry

Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: o2

question about the deadline extension

Hi, I read about the deadline extension and have av question about:
My application must be submitted until Jan. 21

If I apply for B4BB and my app get rejected in the B4BB can I update it after Jan 21.?
Plase "+Like" my post if it was helpful.
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: question about the deadline extension

BFB will continue for a long time. You can resubmit at any time with a maximum of 3 tries. The deadline is related to 10K and getting the app available for BB10 launch.
New Developer
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: wifi

where is the rule about the deadline extension? thx

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Telus

The deadline extension was mentioned in a post in the developer blog: http://devblog.blackberry.com/2013/01/extending-the-deadline-for-built-for-blackberry/

Developer
My Device: BB10 Dev Aplha
My Carrier: -

Even if you are concerned about 10K and your app is rejected, you can still resubmit the application and apply for BFB and be eligible for 10 K offer, provided you had one version uploaded before 21 Jan and your app is reviewed again so that you get a chance to see 'Apply for BFB' in vendor portal by 18 Feb :-)

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Telus

You did have to submit by 8 pm EST on January 21, and you do have to apply for Built for BlackBerry and the 10K commitment by 8 pm EST on February 18. It sounds like you might be able to apply for BfBB and the 10K at the same time. Up until now it said you had to get BfBB approved before you could apply for 10K, but maybe they changed that.

Developer
My Device: BB10 Dev Aplha
My Carrier: -

I guess once your app is approved for BFB, you would be automatically eligible for 10K, if you had submitted the app before 21 Jan.