09-17-2012 03:19 PM
i'm searched everywhere and can't find an answer to this, so sorry if its already common knowledge.
The main issue is that I'm trying to read in a very large text file, but it will only read in 546 lines onto the TextArea, it is also a updated often and I want the textArea to reflect new lines in the text file, but I want it to append to the text Area and not just do a settext and redisplay everything.
so the questions are
1. Is there some line limit on a TextArea control that is preventing more the 546 lines to be written?
- I tried playing with the min and max settings and such, it doesn't seem to make a difference.
- I tried using the parent control 'abstractTextControl' and it also limits at 546 lines
2. Is there a way to append text to a TextArea instead of setting the whole text everytime.
- at a total loss on this one. spent the better part of a day searching and trying to figure it out.
09-17-2012 03:49 PM
if the 546 - lines - limit is reproducable you should submit an Issue