Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Community Corner

Community Manager (Retired)
KerriB
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9810
My Carrier: Rogers

Community Rank Structure

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

As you may have noticed, each member who is registered for the BlackBerry Support Community has a summary profile which appears next to all messages posted by that member. This summary includes lots of useful information to help members learn more about each other such as their Username, Rank, number of posts, registration date, device model and carrier.

One of the most common questions we receive from users are regarding their ‘Rank’. This is the title that appears beneath their Username and is accompanied by a special badge next to their username.

jsanders.JPG

For example, JSanders, one our of top posters here on the BlackBerry Support Community holds a Hall of Famer II rank, which is signified by a blue bar with 2 Gold Stars. Now, one thing to note about that Rank Structure is that it is not simply based on number of posts – it is a mixture of different participation aspects such as posts, Likes, Accepted Solutions etc. with each item holding a different weight in the algorithm. This way, there is no opportunity for the Community to ‘game’ the system and there is a bit of mystic in obtaining the elusive next rank.

But that said, we have decided to reveal what the actual Structure itself looks like – not the calculations, but the ladder so that members will be able to tell what level they will Rank to next and also assess other members rankings when reviewing posts. Below is the list of current Ranks titles for members in the BlackBerry Support Community:

Hall of Famer II

Hall of Famer I

Guru III

Guru II

Guru I

Elite III

Elite II

Elite I

Forums Veteran III

Forums Veteran II

Forums Veteran I

Forums Advisor III

Forums Advisor II

Forums Advisor I

Super Contributor

Trusted Contributor

Regular Contributor

Contributor

New Contributor

Regular Visitor

Visitor

The other User Rank you might see on the Community is the ‘Developer’ Rank. The Rank Structure itself runs much the same, however, are identified by Levels 1-6. For more information or to join the Developer Rank Structure, visit the Developers Start Here thread.

If you have any questions about the Rank Structure, please feel free to PM me, or connect with Community Administrator, Bodee902.

Cheers,

^KB

Community Manager

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.