Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Community Feedback and Ideas

New Contributor
harryp
My Device: 8520 Curve

Community unhelpful

:manmad:I am just curious has anyone actually helped a fellow member on the community with an issue raised or is it just a reading post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Community unhelpful

I replied to your post.

this is a peer to peer support forum with volunteers, sometimes a post gets missed and you should bump it if you feel no one has looked at it after a day or 2

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
netflicksandskipe
My Device: playbook

so bb doesnt have any techs or developers reading these? whats the point in even having this on their website?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

website is named "BlackBerry Support Community Forum". It is a forum dedicated to a community of people who, like you, own one or several BlackBerry devices.

The contributors here are people who spend part of their leisure time here, to help people asking for help.

The quality of help one gets equals the quality of the question. If you write a message in a way that no one wants to answer, you won't get answers.

And no, RIM employees do not monitor this forum, apart from moderators (whose job is to moderate) and on rare occasions a BlackBerry expert.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
netflicksandskipe
My Device: playbook

It's still routed through the primary blackberry.com domain.
No affiliation? Perhaps they'll let me have unhappyyusers area routed through the blackberry.com domain.
But I'll be sure to post on my page. I have no affiliation with them. It's just a page of unhappy users who truly regret this purchase.
Ha that would be great.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Sanchit
My Device: Torch 9810

Very true. This is just a text post, and it has nothing to do with assisting the consumers. The Blackberry after sales service is below negative in India. No one is ready to help. I've bought Torch 9810 and have faced a lot of problems. Its adefected phone, but no assistence. Blackberry is negative.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

netflicksandskipe wrote:
It's still routed through the primary blackberry.com domain.

yes, I know and it makes me quite sad.

Those links you are talking about make people believe that the current forum is an official support forum, and when we tell them that is not the case, that this is a community forum, that we do not work for RIM and are not supposed to give 100% satisfaction to other people, they get quite angry.

And then they blame us (the forum contributors) and RIM for delivering poor support.

In all countries except India, support for BlackBerry devices is managed by the point of sale: either the shop or the phone mobile network provider. It works usually quite well as long as the customer insists that the mobile network provider is responsible for that line of support.

In India on the other hand, customers are handled by a specific entity, and I read so many unhelped customers that come here for help that I wonder if it is really a good thing.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
JSanders
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Again, you're just trolling. Many of your original questions and inquiries were answered fully, and then you've simply gone to trolling the forum to make snide, negative and unhelpful comments.

netflicker, you were told from the beginning that this forum was a Community-based support forum and were advised in the initial email and welcome page to the Forum, not to mention the Support Community Guidelines which also clearly state the fact that RIM personnel aren't actively here posting.

Anyway, I don't know why you're still here. I guess you get your jollies being a negative, unproductive member of this community.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.