Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Community Feedback and Ideas

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Tour
My Carrier: Bell

Contrast (or lack thereof)

Well it's been several weeks now since the new forum design. And I still find serious issues with lack of contrast, ie. pale text on a white background. And in a tiny size for extra bonus points.

I do wish something could be done...it is physically difficult, for me and I'm sure at least some others, to physically read the text here. And that's just so needless, and pointless.

Maybe there have been other contrasting themes introduced, and I'm just not aware of them. But then again I'm not reading as much detail as I used to.

My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Contrast (or lack thereof)

Ken, you're not alone in desiring a better contrast of the type on the newly redesigned pages; likewise, you are not alone in asking for a change. I do know the administrators are aware of this request.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

KenSalmon wrote:

And I still find serious issues with lack of contrast, ie. pale text on a white background. And in a tiny size for extra bonus points.

I agree with you, but unlike JSanders I do not think things are going to change, it is in my opinion a deliberate move from RIM.

If you look at other BlackBerry.com website, you will see the same font color, and the same font size, and basically they are using the same visual identity everywhere:

All those websites use the same light grey font and the same font and the same font size.

that being said, you can do two things:

• in your profile on this forum, you can set the font to be bigger (mine is set to XX-Large)
  • in your browser, you can set the font to have a minimum size (mine is set to 12px, I use Mozilla Firefox4).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Xandrex! Please read my response again. I never said I thought it was going to change... only that he is not alone in disliking the new font and that he is not alone in making the request for a change, and that the Admins are aware of the request.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code