Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Community Feedback and Ideas

Forums Veteran I
Raelic
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: More detailed ranking information

Well we definately know we get inducted into the 'Hall of Fame' at roughly 30k posts :smileyvery-happy:

for the... ONE of us that have achieved that lol

still mind-boggling how fast he pumps those answers out... I swear he is a robot under-cover on a mission assigned to him by Skynet :smileywink:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: More detailed ranking information

he has cats that post for him on his account, I saw a pic of it once.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Sagan2009
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Forum Rankings and Custom Avatars

I'm interested in becoming one of these "trusted contributors"

Please use plain text.
Retired
KerriB
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9810

Re: Forum Rankings and Custom Avatars

Hi Sagan2009,

Ranks are awarded as participation increases. There are many factors which are taken into consideration such as number of posts, kudo's given/recieved, offering accepted solutions and a number of other items.

In order work your way up in the rankings, you just need to participate and provide valuable content :smileyhappy:

It will happen, it just takes some time! Looking forward to hearing more from you on the Forums.

^KB

Community Manager

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
scocam
My Device: Playbook 16
My Carrier: alaint

Whomever is maintaining the site can we have teh ability to uplaoded avators i ahve company avatar I would like to use

scott

eastcoastcreative
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Avatars

To be able to use a custom avatar, you need to gain a rank (your rank is currently "contributor".

To gain ranks, you need at least to post some messages and spend some time on the forum.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Developer
Adam_Cochran
My Device: Developer - Non-User

Confused About Ranking

I've recently started working with and developing for the Blackberry (most specifically the playbook) and I heard about the developer rewards program which I have signed up for but I am a little confused at how the ranking system works as I've seen some people with less kudos, and less posts than others but they still have a higher rank? Is it a matter of the caliber of the post? The community involvement? Or just the sheer number of "solutions"? Quite frankly I am not the greatest developer ever, but I try and get involved in the community and spread what knowledge I can - is there any point in me signing up or is it more for the know it alls?

Also I see a number of other emblems and titles such as "guru" "hall of famer" and "trusted contributor" how are these sort of ranks achieved and do they have any associated rewards like the developer ones do?

Thanks in advanced for your reply,

Adam

Please use plain text.
New Developer
Adam_Cochran
My Device: Developer - Non-User

Re: Confused About Ranking

[ Edited ]

Never mind - I found most of the answers I was looking for.

For those still looking the rankings are based on "kudos", time spent online, post counts and registration dates, also for developers:

Level 1:
Need to be registered at least 1 month and have an X number of posts on the forum.
Unlocks custom avatar setting only for approved icons.
Level 2:
Requires 500 Posts
Level 3:
Kudos weight 6 unlocked
Level 4:
Kudos weight 7 unlocked

The developer ranks also seem to trump the other ranks.

However I'm still curious Do the normal community ranks receive rewards like developer ones?!

Cheers,
Adam

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Confused About Ranking

My reward is a nice warm feeling inside, knowing I have helped out some one.

Keep up posting and kudos will follow along with rank.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PeacockSuit
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: o2

How do I change my avatar on this community

[ Edited ]

How do you change your avatar on here?