Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Community Feedback and Ideas

JSanders
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

How to post a screen shot of your BlackBerry

[ Edited ]

In many instances, posting a screen shot of your device screen will help others here to help you.

How to post a screenshot:

1. Use your BlackBerry browser to go to this link, to download and install ZonaSnap to your BlackBerry:

• You will download, install and after installed, go to the ZonaSnap application (look in your Downloads folder, or perhaps your Applications folder). Once installed, ZonaSnap will place a choice on your menu, or you can assign a convenience key to ZonaSnap.

2. Once you have captured the screen, upload it to display in this forum.

• From the BlackBerry, email the image to yourself or transfer it to your PC.
  • In your message or reply on this forum, click above on the small tree looking icon, and choose "From My Computer".

3. Proceed with the prompts from there, and you'll find the image in your post.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
masita
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to post a screen shot of your BlackBerry

Thanks sanders, I've taken a picture of the problem but I can't find the tree looking icon.
Please use plain text.
pr0
New Contributor
pr0
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for this, it has helped me a lot.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
jtv
My Device: Z10

Hello JSanders
Am new here to BB and I have a Torch9800, I have had my BB about two weeks now and just yesterday I wrote in the forum for the first time.
Noticing this question about screen shots/screenprint it took my interest.
Once you mentioned there's a icon which looks like a tree to upload your screen shots, I went looking for it in my New Post tab; I couldn't find it either as this must be a winner here in the family forum for new and passed BB Clients.
Please could you direct me how do I acquire this attachment feature here in our forum and if it would apply to all the tabs/pages given

Hope to hear from you soon, must say, I do enjoy BB immensely, for my first time ever having one.

Jtv
JTValerie
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

jtv wrote:
Once you mentioned there's a icon which looks like a tree to upload your screen shots, I went looking for it in my New Post tab; I couldn't find it either

At some point, you will have posted enough messages to have the privilege of inserting images in your messages. Here is what your compose window will look like :

on the second row of buttons, you have the smileys, the horizontal line, the links, the pictures and the video button. Followed by three buttons for alignment.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
jtv

dear xandrex

thank you for your reply and direction in finding what my reply page should look like.

well while reading your reply as i came to the end of the reading; i noticed at the bottom of the page was a hyperlink writing which were the words mobile/desktop, pressing the desktop brought me directly to page where your hyperlink brought me.

i did take a screenprint but i don't think am yet privildge to attach the screenprint showing you what i found here on my bb, but if it does attach, it will be here.

jtv

JTValerie
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

oh yes ! I understand now.
when you use the Torch to go on the forum, you use the Mobile Forum, that does not enable to post images. When you click on that link, you get to the "regular" forum, with all the buttons.

Does it work well with the Torch?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
jtv

well am not sure if all my button are working as i don't thinkl i have yet had the prividges but i will let you know asap

jtv

JTValerie
Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
jtv

I thought let me try see what working or not in the font styling tool.

my capital letter function isn't working, any which way at the moment,

my bold, is not working not sure about my italics and underline, these are not working to

i don't yet have the attach flimstrip feature and my spellcheck isn't working and my text alignment features not working either.

Just got my capital to function after correcting text parragraph alignment

JTValerie
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

Thank you for your feedback jtv.
The OS6 browser is very powerful but I guess not enough for the TinyMCE addon!

Please use plain text.