Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Community Feedback and Ideas

New Contributor
sradrvr
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780

I'm done with BlackBerry, complaint!

[ Edited ]

BlackBerry asks how my BlackBerry "saved the day"? Well, More like how it ruined it.

Since I've gotten my BlackBerry Bold 9780, about a little over a year ago, I've been having problem after problem.

To start off, it was always slow and took forever to load anything, and the battery would be drained after a few hours of use, thinking it wasn't too much of a problem I dealed with it calmly and ignored it. After a while, the SD card would always say it wasn't in the phone, when it clearly was. Figuring maybe it was the card itself, and not the phone, I went and bought another one and tried using it; the problem was still there. Eventually the problems got worse and worse, until one day, without any damage, my screen start turning different colors. It started out by going grey and blue, to having several stripes running across the screen, it went away for a couple minutes then would show up again. It then proceeded to go several different colors, until after about 15 minutes of waiting, the screen went completely white with a couple grey stripes at the top and wouldn't show anything, I took the battery out, restarted it, still a blank white screen. I took it home afterwards, charged it fully thinking that could have been the problem and yet it was still blank. I had to pay to get it taken in and fixed, and while doing so they had to delete ALLmy photos and videos off of my phone and I didn't get the chance to save it on my computer.. They couldn't find any reason for the screen not working, so they put on a new screen. It worked fine after that. Putting the idea to the people who fixed it that it might have been the battery giving it problems, they gave me a new one, then to find out it was for a different bold. A couple months after sending it in to get it "fixed" which is right now, I go to use my phone to read a message on my screen saying "Card inserted is not formatted, would you like to format?" or something like that.. If I say no, none of my stuff (pictures, videos, music, etc.) show up, and I don't want to say yes because I don't want my stuff deleted. I put the card into my computer to see if I can save my stuff before doing so, and a message still shows up saying I can't use it and it needs to be formatted, so therefore that's another 500+ photos of my memories that will need to be erased so I can use my phone. Thanks again BlackBerry! And that's only some of the problems I've had.

Very disappointed in the lack of good customer service BlackBerry has and the fact that almost every BlackBerry I've used has been really poor quality and has had problems at some point. Not worth the money its put up to be at all.

I'm definitely getting to the point where I could live without my BlackBerry, and sort of want to.

JSanders
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BlackBerry complaint!

Sorry for your troubles, you should try using the Media Sync service or at least backing up your media card on a regular basis, that's always wise to do on any electronic media.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
sradrvr

I've tried and it doesn't usually let me.

JSanders

sradrvr wrote:

I've tried and it doesn't usually let me.

OK. I guess the times that it did let you, you got a backup.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
sradrvr

Yes, butI haven't backed it up since I sent it in to get it fixed thinking there wouldn't be problems like this.

and the thing thats happening right now hasn't happened before.

It says the cards not formatted and when i hook it up to my computer through usb cord it says to format it still, and when i put the sd card straight into my computer it says the same thing, and then says theres nothing on my phone that can be seen. So i'm not happy with BlackBerry at all, once again.

JSanders

sradrvr wrote:

So i'm not happy with BlackBerry at all, once again.

Yes, you've stated that. I understand.

This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. So, we can't deal with your complaint, but I'd be glad to try to help you.

Now, can I help you?

Get a free PC application named Zero Assumption Recovery and install it on your PC.

Let it read the card to retrieve your valued pictures. Save them to your PC.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
REALLYH8BB
My Device: Bold 9900

It is interesting that most of the people on this forum believe that RIM regard them as customers.

It is my belief that RIM sees us all a string of b*tches to be sold to its real customers the service provider.

Why else would they let the service provider only support part of the BB functionality. Diary Forget it, Sent email forget it deleted email forget it.

In whose interest is it to not provide SKYPE on BB in the UK - it is not in mine - is it in yours? Or is it in the service providers?

Why do BB provide no proper technical support - actual people to talk to. I do not want a lounge to talk to other losers who have had the grave misfortune to buy a BB.

I want an email address that will be responded to - not ground breaking customer support - just the normal level provided by other companys selling £500 pound equipmement. If BB regarded us as customers then it would provide this - instead BB must have more bounceback email addresses than the rest of the corporate world combined.

I just completed a satisfaction survey on the RIM site it asked me to describe myself from a drop down list Journalist, Investor, potential customer etc. Existing customer was about halfway down the list - a true reflection of RIM perception of us. Or maybe that they know that no existing customer would go to a RIM site for customer satisfaction. I was totally unsurprised when I completed the survey and was unable to submit the form - another own goal from RIM.

How can a company become so amazingly bad at what it once excelled at?

JSanders

REALLYH8BB wrote:

Why do BB provide no proper technical support - actual people to talk to. I do not want a lounge to talk to other losers who have had the grave misfortune to buy a BB.

RIM does provide such, and if you read a few posts around here, you know it.

You have a contract with your mobile provider, to whom you pay your bill, for technical support for your BlackBerry. Any issue with which they cannot resolve, they will (or you can ask) escalate the issue to RIM level tech support. Real live people.

It's pretty simple. Same as you don't call Tokyo or Detroit if you have an issue with your automobile. Do you go yelling and ranting at your local deal anytime you an issue there?

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
REALLYH8BB
My Device: Bold 9900

Do you work for RIM or did you just drink the coolaid?

Who are you?

Do you work for RIM or did you just drink the coolaid?

I enjoyed your inability to engage with the points I made and was fascinated by your response:

"It's pretty simple. Same as you don't call Tokyo or Detroit if you have an issue with your automobile. Do you go yelling and ranting at your local deal anytime you an issue there?"

No the answer is you give it your best shot  and then walk away along with all the other customers.  Leaving gentlemn with too much time on their hands (such as your goodself) to justify their existence by living a half life on this forum.

I am calling BB what they are a worthless bunch or clueless lackwits who have betrayed 15 years of loyal use.

You can take your luck for granted but it is a mistake to slap it in the face.

JSanders

Re: Do you work for RIM or did you just drink the coolaid?

Wow.  

Knowledge Base Updates