Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Community Feedback and Ideas

Super Contributor
huntmarv

KUDOS

Marvin here with my Curve 8530...
QUESTION:: Where in the mobile forums can I see the leaders in KUDOS and the leaders in solving the problems?????

MY REASON:: A contributor got all up in my butt... He said I was the leader in KUDOS and that I was giving them to myself... My device will not let me give Kudos to my own post. I can see myself as being the leader of giving kudos (respect in my books) but this man claims different and if u check my post history u will see who it is... I don't like any type of drama or gossip... I really appreciate the people here in these forums with all the accuracy I have gotten when I have a problem. PLEASE... If a forums supervisor or whatever title they carry in here can answer my questionan it will most definitely be appreciated.. By the way I noticed alot of posts have been removed from this section to another section... I think I'm in the right section.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: KUDOS

I don't believe you can view the Kudos leaderboard from the mobile site.

However, I just viewed your Kudo activity and you do seem very fairly spreading Kudos around to those who assist you, and of course you can always throw more my way ... right? (just kidding).

I see you've gotten a total of ten kudes from one user a few weeks ago. Seems fair to me.

Good luck!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
huntmarv

Wow really??? Because I have not answered any questions until today...and I'm a trusted contributor... LOL...how do they get those rankings? Plus would you please tell me who gave me all those kudos... Seems I have a secret admirer... I'm stumped...
THANKS
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
huntmarv

How the heck did I manage to get 10 kudos from one user??? I couldn't even give u 2 on this post. I'm wondering if there is not a bug on this page...
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Marv, in early April you received 10 kudos from Bifocals here on one post. The more advanced posters here gain a higher Kudo giving level with advancement in their posting and logins, helping, etc, some odd algorithm which NASA has not yet completely figured out.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
huntmarv

Oh sorry I spaced answering your question... Been ill with the flu... I will mail that answer to u in a second but kudos to you and I usually give kudos to anyone who takes the time to stop and try to help me with an answer...
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

huntmarv wrote:
QUESTION:: Where in the mobile forums can I see the leaders in KUDOS and the leaders in solving the problems?????

There is no view to see the contributors that have posted messages that are acepted as solution. Neither on the mobile forum or on the desktop forum.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
fer9us
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Wouldn't it make sense to add this feature?

I would also like to see the addition of a tagging feature that lets Forum users know if suggestions / comments have been acted upon by RIM / BlackBerry (the company), or If suggestions have been noted in this light.

This would help bridge the gap between BB users' technical discussions/suggestions/feedback in the "Community" Forum and BB / RIM. It would also encourage people to be more actively involved in the Forum because they could see channels leading from the forum to real developments/changes being made (not just on an individual level).

Conversely, without this feature, the forum seems like RIM/BlackBerry has cut itself off from its user base, with the forum functioning a more like a notice board than a "Support" base that its name suggests.

Kudos is a great feature, but seems more focussed on how much assistance people have provided (free of charge) to other BB users is appreciated, rather than whether this assistance has been useful to RIM/BlackBerry.  

How is the Kudos system relevant to forum users in terms of support, other than it being a way for them to grade support-givers, and wouldn't a more functional reward system make more sense?

I would give Kudos to BlackBerry/RIM if I could see that this suggestion was being acted upon.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

fer9us, it is my understanding this is being considered but meanwhile using the advanced search feature you can designate your search to include only accepted solutions.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
huntmarv

Why give em' ideas??? U sure not gonna get paid for it... Some developer from tin buck two iowa will get the credit and a FAT paycheck... And don't expeect them to set those alerts anytime soon for when your idea actually comes to play... Just my opinion...

From Tin Buck Two Indiana
Please use plain text.