Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Community Feedback and Ideas

Trusted Contributor
Quila467
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64 Gb

Kudos

Why do so many people beg for kudos in every message they post?  People post questions and their signature asks you to mark their post as a solution and give them kudos if it helped you.  Am I missing somthing?  What's the big deal with kudos?  Is there a contest where you get your money back on for your Playbook if you get enough kudos?

Contributor
NovusPic
My Device: None! It's a piece of s**t and I took it back to the store!

Re: Kudos

I've been asking myself the same thing... Kudos? Really? It does NOTHING but maybe give you some credibility, maybe. But all these people grovelling for - or offering if you give them some first - kudos kinda mystifies me.

Kudos is like a tip, IMO. If you helped me and went out of your way to help me or provide some "customer service", then I give some as thanks. Asking for it or expecting it is a sure way to not get any.

Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB

It is also useful for visitors to see what posts are helpful. If a post has been kudoed, then it potentially adds value and usefulness to it.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Contributor
scocam
My Device: Playbook 16

gotta luv kudos lol and yup I kudo your post lol

eastcoastcreative
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

many people that are new to forums dont know what kudos are

Whats so wrong with wanting Kudos?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Trusted Contributor
Quila467
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64 Gb

knottyrope wrote:

many people that are new to forums dont know what kudos are

Whats so wrong with wanting Kudos?

I didn't say there was anything wrong with them.  I'm just wondering what's the point of them?  Specifically, why do some people ask for kudos when they post a question?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

many people have it as a signature

maybe they want there name on the kudos leader board

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
freeyo
My Device: 9800 torch and playbook also 9700 bold

[ Edited ]

I myself just figure if that is what they want to do then so be it.  I for one just want to help someone if I can.  No praise needed.  If it helped great.  For me, if it helped and solved your question, then mark it solved.  Just my rambling.

Regular Contributor
scocam
My Device: Playbook 16

you asked for it lol :smileyhappy:

eastcoastcreative
Regular Contributor
playbook_fan
My Device: Curve 8530 OS 5.0.0.1030 and playbook OS 1.0.3.2342

FYI, if you see on the chart, the ones with more kudos received are all friends, the give and receive kudos to each other to keep on the top of the chart, lol, no wonder why they stay on the top, lol like if it is a competition. :Yes: