Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Community Feedback and Ideas

Administrator (Retired)
Beholder
My Device: BlackBerry Storm

Mobile Access to Forums

[ Edited ]

Hi all:

Just wanted to let you know that mobile access is a priority for us - in fact, we've been hard at work, now that the forums are up and running successfully, to get that functionality out to you.  Right now it looks like access via your BlackBerry devices will be available within a few days.  We'll make an announcement in this forum when it is, and we'll be looking for your feedback when you try it.  Thanks for all your comments - keep them coming!

Community Admin

Message Edited by CommunityAdmin on 04-25-2008 04:58 AM

Want to learn how to use your BlackBerry® smartphone? Visit youtube.com/blackberry to help you get the most out of your BlackBerry smartphone!

Do you have questions about your BlackBerry smartphone?

Go to mobile.blackberry.com on your BlackBerry smartphone to enter your question and get instant answers! 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

Re: Mobile Access to Forums

That is great to hear; thanks!
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aflerra
My Device: Not Specified

It would be nice to have an application on the BlackBerry to manage the BES with the BlackBerry manager.
Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
Beholder

Mobile Forum Access is available here.  Please note that the wireless version is not currently as robust as that of the desktop.

Regards,

Beholder

Want to learn how to use your BlackBerry® smartphone? Visit youtube.com/blackberry to help you get the most out of your BlackBerry smartphone!

Go to mobile.blackberry.com on your BlackBerry smartphone to enter your question and get instant answers! 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

very nice. Can you post a link from the regular website homepage ? or somewhere in the footer/header ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
Beholder

Working on a new header link to the forums.  Looking for feedback - Would you prefer the mobile browser automatically be switched to the mobile version?  How many of you browse the desktop version of the forums on your BlackBerry?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

I have visited a number of times. But want to see some ore features in it. For example

• for a chain discussion it's not good to have a one post view in a single screen. Give this to the users preferance how many post(s) he/she want to have in a single screen. Personally I don't mind in scrolling down to read chain repliers  
  • Mobile version should also have Recent Threads link. Can it be done to have link for 'No replies'?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Re: Mobile Access to Forums

Another issue...it will be handy if the mobile version is capable of remembering the login details. This would make the access simply and convenient for the regular visitors.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

Beholder wrote:

How many of you browse the desktop version of the forums on your BlackBerry?

Hello,

what do the stats of the webserver host say ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

hello again,

under the ads right column, there is a new poll about that issue. Only 4 people answered including me. I honestly think very few people will see that poll. Could you move it on top of the ads block ?

Please use plain text.