Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Community Feedback and Ideas

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

New forum layout.

I gotta say, I'm not likin' the new layout for the forum.  We now have to click to get to a specific phone's section whereas previously we could see all phones on the same page.  We can no longer see who was the last to answer a post, only the time of the response is displayed.

All in favor of reverting back to the previous layout, say "Yes"!

"Yes"!   (That's me saying it there.)

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Raelic
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset

Re: New forum layout.

This has been addressed and Kerri replied stating that the forum is still being worked on, we just have to be patient until she says it is all done, they we get the go-ahead for the bug-hunt :smileywink:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

hey,

I'll second BillJ and say that I too miss the way we could see everything on one page vs now we have to click through a few places. However, it's been said more things will be added/removed/changed so I'm gonna keep an open mind. It probably just needs getting used to anyway :smileyhappy:. Good luck on the redesign everyone!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Developer
turtle-dev
My Device: Torch

I like the original layout better.  The header at the top takes too much space.

Seeing who last posted in a thread was helpful.  Please bring that feature back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My PlayBook Apps
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello,

a philospher and friend of mine (Steve G.) once told me that the problem with change, is not where the change leads. It is the location from which it moves us away. (imagine him saying that with a HAL-9000 voice). At first I thought he was a lame tautologist, but after giving it a second thought, I think he is right.

I shall make analogies : this forum redesign is like :

• the disappearance of the SHIFT-DELETE shortcut that allowed to cut the selected text
  • the disappearance of the specific BBM groups notification icon at the top of the Home Screen
  • the disappearance of the left convenience key
  • the nose piercing of your girlfriend
  • the latest single of Britney Spears. She shouldn't have recorded it.

In all of those cases, you prefer the previous times. But the change is there for good, and all you can do is maybe chose another piercing color or shape.

So let's focus and try and be as constructive as our mood can be!

If we see bugs, we should report them so the RIM people can fix them, thus enhancing the forum.

Man I think I should go into politics

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Developer
KenSalmon
My Device: Tour

It seems to my eyes that the forum body (below the large big huge humongous banner) lacks contrast in text elements. Being slightly (not completely) color-blind, I find that some of the text is too faint relative to the background, and therefore hard to read. I went through the settings and didn't find anywhere I could change a theme or color for more contrast.

Overall I do like the new look and feel...but I want more contrast, not text colors that fade into the background.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Raelic
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset

@Xandrex - well said my friend.

On another note, this has just been rolled out in the last few hours, so there are bugs that still need to be worked out.

Keep in mind, these are 'Bugs' that need to be addressed, not 'Personal Preference'

The header being too big, aswell as not being able to see who was the last poster, are both bugs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Developer
UberschallSamsara
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

KenSalmon wrote:

It seems to my eyes that the forum body (below the large big huge humongous banner) lacks contrast in text elements. Being slightly (not completely) color-blind, I find that some of the text is too faint relative to the background, and therefore hard to read. I went through the settings and didn't find anywhere I could change a theme or color for more contrast.

Overall I do like the new look and feel...but I want more contrast, not text colors that fade into the background.

Totally agree; the new layout lacks contrast.  On top of that I would like to request something that probably would be popular with developers: an optional dark theme for the forum.

Devs spend many late hours in front of the screen and that's why many prefer a dark theme in their code editors.  Blasting your eyeballs with bright white light is fatiguing and also fools your body into not wanting to go to sleep when you are done coding for the night.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ahazdesigns
My Device: 9530, 9550, 9630

My biggest complaint is that for the banner ad takes up 40-50% of my screen. When i go to reply to someones message i have to scroll down first in order to do so. Just dont think it was a good idea at least not in the developer forums (i understand they are marketing in the ads but still...)

Please use plain text.
Developer
GoldenJoe
My Device: Not Specified

I appreciate the effort to improve the forum, but I vastly preferred the old version. This layout is the definition of wasted space. The header, the margins, the speech bubbles...we don't need all this stuff. It's very hard to quickly scan the topics and posts now.

Please use plain text.