Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Community Feedback and Ideas

breakerfall
My Device: Not Specified

RIM, why?

Admins, et. al.,

Will there be RIM involvement in these discussion forums?

If not, then why pull users away from established user forum communities like blackberryforums.com and pinstack.com?

I would encourage either RIM to respond to my question in a positive and constructive manner, or I encourage users to _NOT_ use or post to this forum.

Thanks,

Mike 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
safri

Re: RIM, why?

[ Edited ]

Agreed. Well said Mike! :smileyhappy:

Why now? Why not start this years ago at the first place? :smileyindifferent:

Message Edited by safri on 04-02-2008 01:35 AM
Please use plain text.
MrOpportunist

From the looks of it, I don't see RIM stepping up to support it.  It seems more like it is a forum for blackberry users to communicate.  Many know about the owners lounge that don't know about other blackberry forums, therefore RIM took it upon themselves to create this board for users to assist each other.  Companys usually don't refer their client base to out side support sources.

Just my .02 on the topic. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dege13

The User Guidelines says:

"Research In Motion Staff.  Research In Motion staff are prohibited from participating in the BlackBerry Support Community Forums unless they have been specifically assigned to monitor the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.  These staff members will be identifiable by the BlackBerry Icon."

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

I don't see why they would start it if they didn't plan to contribute somewhat....If they don't contribute much, then I agree...not much point to it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Bla1ze
My Device: 9000R

The forums are ran by lithium, the same company that runs the AT&T ones and the Sony forums, which are rather large forums as well, but I'm with you John, I don't see much sense either if theirs no RIM involvement, might as well have just it left up to the BlackBerry community, theirs plenty of awesome ones out there :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

looks like an attempt to steal John Clark and JSanders from BBF ...
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

[ Edited ]
From the site info page:

Productive Discussions and Posts. The BlackBerry Support Community Forums are designed to provide a place for BlackBerry customers to help other BlackBerry customers. For obtaining assistance directly from Research In Motion, please visit our Online Support site.
Message Edited by John_Clark on 04-01-2008 12:50 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
watchman

Hi everyone, and thanks for visiting our new Forums. Your feedback and participation are always welcome.

Our guidelines give you some background on the purpose of these forums. In general, we believe that BlackBerry users deserve a variety of convenient options for solving problems and getting the latest information, and we hope these forums become a useful and valuable channel for you. Our guidelines also discuss the role of RIM employees.

These forums have been designed as a peer-to-peer support channel in which users help other users. While RIM will participate from time to time, please visit the Support & Services tab to access direct support options that may be available to you. We’ve also added some language to the home page to this effect – hopefully that will help everyone get the best use of this forum.

Also, please feel free to contact me through Private Messaging if you have additional feedback or suggestions.

Thanks again for being some of our first forum participants, and we look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Please use plain text.
Si
Contributor
Si

Nice sermon.  I'd like to see some RIM activity on here, you'll probably need it to make the forum flourish because, as others have said, you're a few years behind on other established communities where information is freely available (not to mention most people tend to prefer vBulletin and will generally be attracted to that style layout forum due to familiarity).  I'd like to see it grow here though, the more knowledge the better.
Please use plain text.