Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Community Feedback and Ideas

My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Verizon

Read If Able to Receive But Cannot Send Emails

[ Edited ]

Below is the description of the email setup problem followed by a possible means of resolving it:

Problem:

Able to receive and view personal/internet account emails but when trying to reply/send emails are redirected to email setup wizard to select the type of feature you'd like to setup. After you've selected Email Accounts for setup you are directed to the page to select one of the two types of emails listed as the type you want to setup - a.) internet Mail Account or  b.) Enterprise Account. When attempting to select Internet Mail Account as account to setup the screen does not advance to a page with account registration fields but sends you directly back to the Email Setup Wizard page to select the feature you'd like to setup (Email Accounts).

i.e. Send (Email)>Redirecting to Setup Wizard>Email Accounts>Select Email Type>Internet Mail Account>Email Accounts.

Try This: 

Setup Wizard>Email Accounts>Select Email Type>Enterprise Account

Under the enterpriser account email log-in/username you're going to type in the original blackberry email username that you made when first registering with blackberry server/email account - the one with @vzw.blackberry.net)

After you've entered email: ------@vzw.blackberry.net, your original activation password, and clicked activate you will see a pop-up box that says something to the effect of, "failed to register account/unrecognized username or password," -- whatever.

Next go back to the homescreen, if this worked you will see two email envelope icons on your home screen - one of them is for the @vzw.blackberry.net - open the envelope and there will be an email listed as, "Activation Server." The email should say you have successfully setup your ----@vzw.blackberry.net account. 

Now, from the blackberry email folder you are going to choose to compose a new email and send it to whatever internet/personal email account that you've been unable to send emails from. Once you've sent the test email you should receive it in the internet account's envelope - now try to reply to the test email using your internet/personal email account. If this works you should receive the reply to the test email in your blackberry email folder - if that works, then go back and try to send an email to someone from your internet/personal email account.

i.e. Enterprise Account>Email & Activation Password>Activate>Connecting>Failed to Activate (Unrecognized username or password, etc.)>(Return to Home Menu)>New Blackberry Email Envelope Icon>Compose and Send Email To: internet/personal account address>Home Screen>Internet/Personal Email Envelope Icon>Reply to test email received from blackberry email> (if able to successfully send reply to your blackberry email from the internet email account - now try to email someone to see if it works).

Hope this helps.

Let me know if anyone is able to get their email to work using this.