Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Community Feedback and Ideas

New Contributor
TheSlider
My Device: 10 dev alpha

password retrieval not working ( devzone)

Greetings,

I'm new to the BB universe an find it quite hard to get in contact with the right people.

My problem is that I made a mistake last night when I registered an account on the dev zone and can't remember my password.

So basically, I used the "lost password" form that would send me temporary password. Then I proceeded to login with it and right away the system asked me to input my "Old Password" and my new one.

Now, I find the word "old" a bit misplaced as if I'm right, the system is in fact asking for the temporary password...

So I input all that plus my new password and here is what I get :Action Failed. Please Contact Help Desk.

I'm not sure who or what is the help desk, there is no number or email provided on that page and all emails I got from the system did not include any way for me to contact someone.

I'm really lost here.

Anyway, thank you in advance for any insights on what I'm doing wrong or where I could go to solve the problem.

Also, when I'm logged with the temporary password, wherever I try to go I get some infinite loading animation on every pages including my account. Might be an issue with my browser but you should probably check if that's normal.

Regards,

F.M

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TheSlider

Re: password retrieval not working ( devzone)

[ Edited ]

Still here.

10 people saw this, no help yet. I'm wasting time when i could be working on the alpha device... I just need to know where to go or who to ask help.

EDIT :

OK, just tried the password recovery system again and this time it ... worked. It would have been nice though to have a simple word like "we're working on it" or something but thanks anyway.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Hi The Slider!

It's good to know that you're issue is resolved. This is official support forum by RIM. But this is a user to user based community forum. RIM representatives may or may not answer to any specific query. Hence, acknowledgement like, "we're working on it" is not an option! I hope you understand that.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TheSlider

I understand.
May I ask then how we are supposed to get help from officials ? In my case, this was the only option as no support email or phone number are provided on the website (at least, I didn't find them at the time). : s
Please use plain text.
Retired
Bodee902
My Device: BlackBerry Zed10

Hey there TheSlider,

If you should run into issues like this again, here are a couple of places you can check:

http://us.blackberry.com/developers/resources/incidentsupport.jsp

http://blackberry.com/contact 

I hope these help.

^Bo

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Likes for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
JSanders
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

TheSlider wrote:

Still here.

10 people saw this, no help yet. I'm wasting time when i could be working on the alpha device... I just need to know where to go or who to ask help.

Just a tip... because the index shows "10 views" doesn't mean TEN actual humans viewed it... there are search engine which crawl forums creating search indexes, etc. As a matter of fact, no humans might have viewed it at that time, mainly because you post this is a poor section for the topic you had.

Anyway, good luck, now you know!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.