Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Community Feedback and Ideas

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

thread closure

How do I close a thread after my question has been answered?
Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: thread closure

If you look to the far right of any thread YOU created you will see two boxes. One is a kudos box. That is for when someone may have been particularly helpful but may or may not have solved the problem. Under it is the resolution box. Just go to the post that had the answer for you and click that box. It will than mark the post as an accepted solution and mark the thread itself as resolved.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Contributor

Re: Re: thread closure

I'm sorry I've looked hi n low I can't find any "kudos" or "resolved" button? I really want to get my posts off this forum, all my questions have been answerd, just can't find thoes buttons. I tryed the far right? Nothing there?
Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: Re: thread closure

In the same box that has your question "how do I close a post after it has been answered?" Look to the right. There should be two boxes. Are they there. Over there -------->
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Contributor

Re: Re: Re: thread closure

I know, I'm retarded... But seriously ... There's no boxes? I have a pearl if that meens anything? I feel totally stupid, but don't see anything? Sorry...
Contributor

Re: Re: Re: Re: thread closure

You all have been so helpful, I really appreciate all your help! Is there any way you can close my posts! I have 4 including this one and there all resolved, just can't close them?
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Rogers Pearl 8110 OS v4.3.0.93

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: thread closure

Hi turbodiesel. I posted a question in the Community Forums Feedback category entitled "Closing Threads" in which I referenced your question because I was having the same problem and feeling rather retarded as well! Are you accessing these forums through your BB or your desktop??? Because if you are using your BB, and therefore accessing the MOBILE site, the kudos and resolve buttons don't exist! In other words, you CAN'T close a thread if you are using your BB. So if this is the case, you aren't retarded... If, however, you are using your desktop and are still unable to find the buttons, well then...just kidding. Lol :smileyhappy: Hope this helped...please let me know!

"We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
~ Oscar Wilde
Trusted Contributor

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: thread closure

Just thought I would add one more thing: don't even bother trying to access the regular forums from your BB. You certainly can do it, but I found it to be somewhat of a minor nightmare. It takes forever to load and is kind of messed-up-looking when it finally does so. Yes, I suppose you should do the kudos thing, and if you can go on your desktop to do it (unlike me at the moment -- busted computer), then by all means do so. Otherwise, I would just not worry about it.

~ Oscar Wilde
Trusted Contributor

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: thread closure

One more thing. For people who are accessing the forums through their BBs, if you want to use the regular site (not the mobile one), I have found that downloading Opera Mini makes it a lot easier to do this. It is faster (at least I find it to be so) and you will have full use of the kudos and the resolve buttons, as well as everything else on the regular site.

~ Oscar Wilde
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Storm

thread closure

Hello Everyone,

Currently, the Mobile Enhanced Forums does not have the Kudos and Accepted Solutions.  We are aware of this and are working toward further improvements that will allow these functions to exist in the Mobile version. Thank you for pointing this out.

Regards,

Want to learn how to use your BlackBerry® smartphone? Visit youtube.com/blackberry to help you get the most out of your BlackBerry smartphone!

Do you have questions about your BlackBerry smartphone?

Go to mobile.blackberry.com on your BlackBerry smartphone to enter your question and get instant answers!