Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Connectivity

New Contributor
noise
My Carrier: o2
Accepted Solution

BES Express to Business Cloud Services

Hello!

My company currently uses an on-site exchange server in combination with a BES Express server.  We are looking to move to Office 365 for mail services.

My questions are as follows:

In the above setup, does "BlackBerry Business Cloud Services" remove the need to run the BES Express server on-site?  i.e. would adopting 365 be a complete solution for running our blackberries

Am I right in thinking that BlackBerry Business Cloud Services are free?

Do the Blackberry users require a special data plan?  We moved from full BES to BES Express in order to save money on the data plan but am concerned we would need to go back to the full 'BES' tariff.

Many thanks :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: BES Express to Business Cloud Services

Yes, BBCS removes the need to run an onsite BES or BESx service and comes free with the Enterprise Office365 Plans (E1, E2 etc). 

You just need a BIS data plan. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
noise

Much appreciated jamead1981.

Could you just confirm, there are no serious drawbacks using a BIS over BES plan? I'm aware of the wired-only activation but that's no different from our existing BESx setup.

Email, calendars, contacts, basic policies all work?

Sorry to ask the obvious but I've got a response from someone at RIM stating it needs a BES plan.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

You get basic IT policies via BESx and BBCS - the data plan in use on the phone makes no difference to it. 

You can install an app from App World called Enterprise Activation that allows you to do OTA activations for BESx and BBCS on a BIS plan. 

You are able to sign up for a 30 day trial of Office 365 that will let you test all the features. including Blackberry support. 

As an aside, the Exchange Online offering of just Exchnage also offers BBCS with it. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
noise

Great, many thanks for your help!
Please use plain text.