Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Connectivity

Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: BES Server - BIS data plan - can't activate email, but internet and voice working fine

BIS is the consumer offering from Blackberry - so designed to work with the likes of Hotmail and Gmail. It provides email only support and does not offer over the air sync of calendar and contacts. It does not offer folder support..

It offers the following reconciliation services for the inbox - Email reconciliation features for the BlackBerry Internet Service

Without BES or BESx they will need to use Blackberry Desktop Manager to sync their contacts and calendars. 

The Enterprise Activation only applies when used with a full BES or a BESx server. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aganesh007
My Device: BB Curve 9300
My Carrier: *

Re: BES Server - BIS data plan - can't activate email, but internet and voice working fine

I also had faced some challenges with BIS on Exchange 2010 mail users. Due to rules on the outlook which doesn't does folder redirection so that any mail which is delivered moved by rules doesn't appears in BB. Later after changing to BES data plan with my BES Express, it works fine. 

Please use plain text.