Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Connectivity

New Contributor
shamrock99
My Device: 8700

Confidential Business SMS

Hi, I'm a new user here. Not sure if it's in the right board...

We have a business and we were told that we could do what we wanted with blackberrys:

We want to provide Blackberrys to our reps so we can reach them by SMS only. We don't want them to use anything else on the phone (no internet, no data, no phone capabilities) only SMS. And we need to be able to secure the SMS's we send them and when they reply us also. We are sending very important and confidential SMS, we need a solution so nodoby can catch our information. not even the service provider...

Is there a way to do that?

thanks!

New Contributor
raghav_edi
My Device: BOLD 9000

Re: Confidential Business SMS

- PIN to PIN Messages are unencrypted. Unless you set up on your Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES)
- Here the users use a private key, only the users that have that key can decode the message.
- You can create and IT Policy to Restrict the PIN to PIN Messages with in your Organization.
- By this External users cannot message the internal users and vice versa. :smileyhappy:
New Contributor
shamrock99
My Device: 8700

ok so if I understand correctly, your "PIN to PIN" are text messages?

And the text messsages will be encrypted between our reps and the head office... What if a client decide to text one of our rep? I forgot to tell you this needs to be working too...

Are the text messages going thru our server or thru our cell service provider?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier