07-26-2008 08:39 AM - last edited on 07-26-2008 09:21 AM by Andy
Sooo I have a blackberry curve 8330 I recently got through Alltel. I installed PocketMac twice now, and was reading all about the FAQ's and tech. support and it's not recognizing my blackberry. I tried syncing and it said the "error 1: skipping" thing. I also downloaded the "driver update" and it's still doing the same thing. It shows my phones like charging when it's plugged in but I can't sync it. This is my first blackberry and I'm confused.
Can someone help me, please?
And, does anyone know what "Enterprise Activation" is?
EDIT: sorted out the formatting
07-28-2008 12:30 PM
There are some weird issues with the PocketMac USB drivers for newer devices. You might try these instructions for manually removing the older USB driver and then using the driver update you mentioned. This assumes you already have PocketMac installed:
Here are some steps you can perform to make sure the new patch is installed correctly:
1. Please unplug your BlackBerry and count to 60 seconds. This allows the
driver to completely release. (Likely, the driver wasn't released last time you tried installing the patch, so the new one didn't install correctly.)
2. Please open Finder, and locate the following folder: MacintoshHD/System/Library/Extensions/.
3. Within the "Extensions" folder, you will see a list of .kext files. scroll down the very long list, and locate the two files that start with "BlackBerry" files.
4. Please remove both of these files from your Mac: "BlackBerry.kext" and "BlackBerryUSBDev.kext". You will need your Apple Administrator user account password to remove these files from the Extensions folder. After you do so, empty your trash, please.
5. If you have not done so already, or if you have deleted the file, please download the
DriverUpdate.dmg from here, using the instructions above again to download and install the patch:
6. After you've finished the installer/driver package, please restart your Macintosh.
7. Finally, plug-in your BlackBerry handheld, then launch PocketMac for BlackBerry. The PocketMac Sync Manager should now be able to find your BlackBerry.
Instructions taken from: http://www.pocketmacsupport.net/?section=knowledge
08-02-2008 05:58 PM
I tried your advice..... with no success.... oddly enough when i go to macintoshHD/system/library/extensions, I don't have have any .kext files except under appleshare (afpfs.kext and asp_tcp.kext).
another odd thing is that it appears that the mac does NOT recognize or "see" the blackberry as a device. (IMAC 2.4 with latest updates for leopard os).
if i can't get this sorted -- i'll have to return the blackberry and get a iphone (which is by far, NOT my preference).
08-02-2008 07:22 PM
taxtracker - I think you may have looked in /Library/Extensions instead of /System/Library/Extensions. In the correct folder there should be a few hundred kexts.
08-04-2008 06:13 PM
Hi I had a similiar problem with "error: Skipping." I uninstalled and re-installed many times, even calling Sprint Tech Support and going to Apple since I have a MAC Book Pro. On my own, I was able to correct the problem of skipping. Check your Address book, if you have duplicates in your address book, it may be causing your skippling error (that was the cause of mine). After condensing my duplicates, I was able to successfully sync my blackberry and my Mac.
I hope this helps!
01-18-2009 08:48 PM
03-17-2009 12:36 AM
04-19-2009 06:33 PM