Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

Visitor
Mfoo
My Device: BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: Fido

A new device was created on BB Desktop after changing carriers.

Hi I have a Bold 9900 and my Desktop Software is on my Mac AirBook. I have 2 questions:

After I changed my carrier from Rogers to Fido my Desktop Software created a new device instead of using the old one. The latest backup is on the "new" device and my old backup is on my original device.  I havent changed phones or phone numer. How do I remove one of the devices on my Desktop Software and move all my backup into one device? 

I lost all my apps while trying to remove one of the devices on my Desktop Software. That will cost me a lot of money and time to setup all my apps again. So my question is how do I back up my apps on my desktop? Is there a something in my settings (device and desktop) that I should have done?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: A new device was created on BB Desktop after changing carriers.

Hey Mfoo,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Go into BlackBerry Desktop Software and go to Device>Forget Device.  This will remove the saved BlackBerry smartphone profile.

Also applications can not be backed up through BlackBerry Desktop Software.  If you're missing your applications, you can re-download them by going to BlackBerry World and choose My World.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.