Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

New Contributor
madameT
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

BB Curve 8530 not sync-ing with MacBook

I've been successfully sync-ing my Blackberry to my MacBook for the last year and a half.  No problems until I tried to sync two weeks ago.  Nothing had changed on either computer or phone, so I don't understand.  The mac is all of a sudden saying it cannot recognize the "disc".  I uninstalled/reinstalled Desktop Software three times, and I also verified and repaired the disc (the phone.)  Nothing is working.  The computer is "seeing" the phone, but it's refusing to sync.  (Last successful sync was August 25th.)

Verizon says it's the computer's problem, and the Mac store says it's a Blackberry/Verizon problem.  

I NEED my calendar and contacts to sync.  

Desparate.  Please write if you have any suggestions.  

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: BB Curve 8530 not sync-ing with MacBook

Hey madameT,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Can you provide the exact full error message you're receiving in BlackBerry Desktop Software?  Also is mass storage mode enabled?

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
madameT
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB Curve 8530 not sync-ing with MacBook

It tells me that it cannot read the disc "no name".  This is the first time this ever happened.  Nothing was done differently.  I always eject correctly (I know that can sometimes cause problems.)  Mass storage is enabled.  Verizon says it's Apple's problem (I have a 2010 MacBook), and Apple says it's a Blackberry issue.  No one seems to be able to help.  

If you can help, I would be grateful!

Thanks!

Please use plain text.