Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

New Contributor
StorminNY
My Device: BB Storm 9530/VZW

BB Desktop Mgr Error Msg While Syncing

Hello all,

I have a BB Storm 9530 (all updated) and an using BB Desktop Mgr for Mac (iMac all updated).  I am Syncing via USB with the standard Mac programs (Address Book, ICal, Media, etc.)  

When Syncing, an error box appears when the sync icon is spinning/hanging by the Contacts.  The BB Desktop software icon in the Dock jumps up.  The error box (useless for troubleshooting) says "A Sync error occurred. Please retry the sync.) When I click "ok" the sync continues & finishes.

ANALYZING THE "LOG" FILE, I SUSPECT THE FOLLOWING:

2009-10-16 08:43:25.795 ERROR*** default     pimSync   Exception during sync: Unable to fault in data reference Data with length 13558

2009-10-16 08:43:25.795 ERROR*** default     pimSync   An exception of type ISyncDataReferenceException occured because: Unable to fault in data reference Data with length 13558

Additionally, in the BB Desktop Mgr software screen, there is an asterisk/triangle on Calendar (only) that says "One or more of the selected calendars are read-only and can only be sync'd from you computer to your device".  I suspect this is the "birthday" object (read only) which is unchecked.  How do you deal with this?  Why is it an error/warning?

I am disappointed to find that BB/Apple do not support this new software product with a telephone/chat/email submission. Hopefully, you all can help!

Thanks in advance!

Pat S, NY

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Pat S., NY
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Statman
My Device: 8830 WE

Re: BB Desktop Mgr Error Msg While Syncing

I am a little confused...you say it had an error, but then completed?  Did it work or not?  What did not sync?  Sometimes even though you get an error it still works...the culprit is probably the calendar/address book fields are not completely compatible.

4.6.1.305 hybrid
Mac Pro 2X2.8 Quad SL
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
StorminNY
My Device: BB Storm 9530/VZW

Thank you for your reply.  The sync process "completed" (went past contacts and through the media) but an error msg appeared that said that there was an error and that I should re-sync.  I do not know if each/every item was successfully merged.  I wish there was a way to know what the error was and what did not sync. I was hoping someone would have an understanding of the two log lines I posted.  Thanks!

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Pat S., NY
Please use plain text.
Visitor
mooredre
My Device: Not Specified

I am receiving the same error on the same scenario.  Anyone find a fix yet?

Please use plain text.
Visitor
catsnhawks

I have the same thing.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BlackOnMac

This "unable to fault in data reference Data with length" error seems to pop up after I edit an existing contact on my phone. It will persist  until I do a complete overwrite of my device (which sadly doesn't always work). I am usually trouble free until I have to change someone's phone number or add an email address, then the error starts all over again. The changes made to this contact do not sync.

Please use plain text.
mitzydude2003
My Device: Blackberry 8330
My Carrier: Verizon

I am having the same error. It will sync some items but not all. I get the error when it is syncing my contacts. I never had this problem until I installed the update for desktop manager a week ago. If someone finds a fix please let me know.  -thanks

Please use plain text.