Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

New Contributor
cinbadny2
My Device: 26EE7EE4
My Carrier: Orange

Birthday Changes by a day with Apple Address Book

Every time I sync my Blackberry Curve with my Apple Address Book (Mac OS X), all of the birthdays in the Apple Address Book change by one day. They are correct on the Blackberry, but off by one day on the Address book. Even when I have un-checked certain contacts while syncing, all birthdays still change. Until now, I go in manually to change them back, but it's very frustrating. Both devices are set to the same time zone. Any suggestions? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
skopf
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: O2

Re: Birthday Changes by a day with Apple Address Book

I posted the same issue on Saturday. Thus far, nobody has replied. Frustrating!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Voskuil67
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Not to disillusion you, but I posted this question in May (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Desktop-Software-for-Mac/Sync-Bold9700-and-ical-different-bir...) and so far there has been no response whatsoever, even though moren than 500 people have viewed the post and quite a number responded to it... there have been posts even earlier than may, which also went unsolved, even though there have been at least 3 version updates since then.

I consider this a major Blackberry support fail...

:mansad:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tkafurke
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: BASE

[ Edited ]

Hey,

so maybe one solution for you guys with the "day" problem: You need to activate in mac addressbook the "activate timezone support" option (or similar, since my mac os x is german).

What I usually do is taking care of my contacts on the mac and subscribing the birthday calender to my ical so all birthday addressbook entries are also in the addressbook as a separate birthday calender.

Then i sync both calenders to the bb. That works quite well with some minor/major issues:

• in daylight saving all birthdays are not all day events, they are 1 hour late, so starting from 01:00 am going to next day 01:00 am
  • adding a contact in bb with a birthday, a reoccuring birthday date is setup in the bb calender, after syncing back to the mac i get a correct addressbook entry, but a double calender birthday entry: one from bb synced back to my normal calender and one coming from the mac addressbook through the subscribed addressbook birthday calender
  • I'm not sure if this happens when i add a birthday in bb in daylight saving time or not, but in some case I also get that day problem, since this is also an issue of daylight saving times, i guess ...

So it's weird and I wonder if so many people are just to dumb to use the sync correctly or if RIM is not able or willing to address the issue for months and years now .... ????

I don't want to be rude, but as a business user this is something you can spent hours in and i actually just want to have a phone that is working as it should work.

Beep.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cinbadny2
My Device: 26EE7EE4
My Carrier: Orange

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I agree that it's not professional on the part of Blackberry not to address the problem!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cannedbrain
My Device: Huron 8830
My Carrier: Indosat CDMA

Have been having this issue since I owned a BB. A major source of headache. I've tried deleting contact on my BB and resyncing. No luck. Tried setting "work hours" to greater than 00:00. Nada! Why can't it just sync without changing anything?! I can't remember everyone's birthday, which is why I count on Address Book to remind me. But BB messed everything up! Aaargh!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
big_e
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Maxis

I've read a few forums on how to solve the annoying issue, but nothing seems to offer a workable solution. :smileysad:

Not too sure if BB choses to ignore this important feature.

Please use plain text.
nathaimu
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Base Belgium

I'm having the same problem.

All One-Day events are shown one day too early.

It drives me mad...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
big_e
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Maxis

Judging from what Voskuil67 said, another post of similar issue since May went unresolved, I honestly don't see the issue to be resolved any time soon.

Let's hope BlackBerry has a plan to address the concerns of many of us here.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jan_iv
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: O2 Germany

I have the same problem. On my Bold 9700 all birthdays are changed by a day after the sync. 

I tested "The Missing Sync", an alternativ syncsoftware, and had no problems with the birthdays so far, so the problem is in the Desktop Software.

Please use plain text.