If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

Contributor
big_e
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Maxis

Re: Birthday Changes by a day with Apple Address Book

[ Edited ]

Looks like "The Missing Sync" is a a more reliable alternative to DM, and delivers the job; albeit $39.95 fee.

Others have to come up with a viable solution to an annoying issue? Is this how BlackBerry support works?

Please use plain text.
bgujarati
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Same problem with bold 9700. I wonder what is blackberry doing about it. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
skopf
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: O2

I tried (and paid) "The missing sync". This software is horrible with far more serious bugs than the Desktop manager. Do not touch it and do not waste your money!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
big_e

Hmmm.... Seems our nightmare will continue for quite some time more. Not too sue if this will solve every ones else's issue, but this seems to work for me. How? I created a gmail account, use BIS gmail sync to load all my contacts to gmail web. I then use the MAC address book to sync to my gmail account. Guide for the Lion Address Book sync to gmail can be found here: http://www.brothershopping.com/blog/How-to-Sync-Google-Contacts-with-Mac-OS-Lion.html Good luck! I'll be using this method until BlackBerry decides to have a look at DM sync issues with Lion.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cannedbrain
My Device: Huron 8830
My Carrier: Indosat CDMA

A long time ago I tried gmail contact sync with AB but it created duplicates in my AB. I stopped using it right after and still dread the possibility it'd create duplicates again. Anyone still having this issue?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
big_e

Yup. I experienced the duplicate nightmare a while back using the BIS sync.. But decided to give it another shot today. So far, the BIS Sync seems to be working fine (no duplicate) since my last post on a workaround that worked for me. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jan_iv
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: O2 Germany

I've tried BIS sync with google. No contact-pictures were synced and no birthday at all.... also sometimes the adresstypes work and private changed after a sync. This is no solution for me. I wonder, why no employee from blackberry ever makes a statement in this thread.

Personally, I wait some weeks and buy a Motorola Droid Pro or a Samsung Galaxy M Pro. Both mobilephones have a qwerty-keyboard and can sync perfectly with Google (I had a Android for some months, and it was a pleasure to work with, except for the bad virtual keyboard). No more Blackberry for me!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
big_e

Hmm.... I didn't realize the contact's photo sync issue. Maybe iPhone 5 can solve the issue? BlackBerry seems to not working on a solution.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
big_e

Am I the only one who gets the feeling that RIM is not going to do anything about this?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
big_e

I found an OTA sycn option that rides on BB's push technology to wirelessly synchronize your Contacts, Calendar, MemoPad and Tasks OTA.

Here is the link: http://www.syncamatic.com/

Please use plain text.