Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

New Developer
BBuserZA
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Birthday Changes by a day with Apple Address Book

Hi I sent this mail to help@blackberry.net today

Good day

I Just got my Blackberry Curve 9300 OS 6 last week.
I have a Macbook running OS 10.6.8

When I synchronise my Blackberry  with the Blackberry Desktop Software 2.1.3
the Birthday and Anniversary dates are changed to a day earlier on Address Book 5.0.3

I have deleted all the contacts on my Mac Address Book and synchronized again with the same result.
    I also performed the above action with my old Blackberry 8310 Ver4.5 with the same result.

Then created a contact on my Mac Address Book with birthdate 5 September 2001  and Anniversary 7 September 2010 after synchronizing it seems to stay correct, but when I         added a mobile number to the contact on the Blackberry the Birthdate changed to 4 September 2001 and the Anniversary to 6 September 2010.

The Birthday and Anniversary dates on my Blackberry remains correct.

I did consult the Support forums and the issue has been logged, bur no joy in finding a solution to the problem.
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Desktop-Software-for-Mac/Birthday-Changes-by-a-day-with-Apple...

It is clear that there is a date changing issue when Synchronizing an updated contact to Address book via Blackberry Desktop Software 2.1.3.
I do not consider this a support issue, rather an development issue affecting every potential Blackberry customer.

It is a really annoying issue s this is such a simple error causing frustration.

I have spent a great amount of time narrowing down the exact results, I would appreciate a quick an prompt response.

Thank you very much

And this is the reply I got with comments sent back to them:

Hi  Good day

I have consulted all the below channels and success in finding a solution to the problem!
The problem is not a user issue but a Blackberry Desktop software issue!

Please find the original Issue below. and see the comments

On 28 Sep 2011, at 10:19 AM, BlackBerry Customer Support wrote:

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support. The email you submitted has not been delivered. Please find many alternative support options below.

Are you a BlackBerry Partner or Carrier?
If you are a BlackBerry Partner or Carrier and have a carrier code please contact your partner Support Account Manager as you incorrectly received this message.
    I am an end user with a Blackberry!

Self-Help Options:
BlackBerry Technical Solution Center. All BlackBerry smartphone users have free access to the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center a repository of support information and documentation, with enhanced search capabilities. Easily search for and find the BlackBerry support information you need.  (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/)
    After trying various combinations for finding a solution to the problem there is no document with the problem!

BlackBerry Answers.  The mobile web site that is like having your own technical support team at your fingertips. Accessible right from your BlackBerry smartphone at mobile.blackberry.com, just type in a question to get step-by-step instructions that should solve the problem. (Note: BlackBerry Answers is compatible with all BlackBerry smartphones carrying a series number of 8000 and higher).
    This is an issue with regards to Blackberry Desktop Software which makes this option NA

BlackBerry Support Community Forums.  Get your questions answered, and participate in discussions on BlackBerry products and services. Visit the BlackBerry Community Support Forum to get started.
    Yes I did look up the forum and here is the link (which was included in my original mail as well!)
    http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Desktop-Software-for-Mac/Birthday-Changes-by-a-day-with-Apple...
    The first entry was '07-28-2011 03:05 AM' and the last entry' a week ago'
    Also no solution to the problem!

Flickr Picasa Facebook and Instant Messaging Applications. If you require assistance with one of our free social networking applications, please feel free to use our online web form to submit technical issues directly to BlackBerry Technical Support at your convenience.  (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/)
    This is an issue with regards to Blackberry Desktop Software which makes this option NA

Are you already a BlackBerry Technical Support Services subscriber?
If you have a technical support services subscription, you may contact us through our online web form (https://www.blackberry.com/besc). If your BlackBerry smartphone has been provided to you by your company, please contact your IT help desk for assistance.
    This is not a problem with regards to support but an issue with Blackberry Desktop Software!

All other BlackBerry smartphone users are encouraged to use one of the following options:
- Contact your Wireless Service Provider. Your service provider fields general questions and provides technical support for BlackBerry related issues and can act as your first point of contact.
    This is not a problem with regards to support but an issue with Blackberry Desktop Software!
- Subscribe to an annual based BlackBerry technical support program. BlackBerry Technical Support Services offers 24x7 technical support and BlackBerry Enterprise Server software upgrades. If your technical support subscription has expired, or you would like to learn more about this option, copy and paste the following URL into your address bar: (http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/programs/technical.jsp#tab_tab_annual.)

Obtain Pay-Per Incident Support from Research In Motion (RIM). Receive fee-based support directly from RIM, the manufacturer and wireless experts for the BlackBerry solution. If you would like to learn more about this option, please copy and paste the following URL into your address bar:  (http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/programs/technical.jsp#tab_ddetail_subtab_incident)

Now here is the original mail please do the effort to at least send it to your software developers!

(Same as above)

Please use plain text.
New Developer
BBuserZA
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodacom

Does anyone have the contact details of the correct department to contact?
Please use plain text.
tokabln
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

I'm Having the same problem with my Curve 8520 at the lastest Mac OSx Version and the latest Balckberry Desktop for Mac OSx. At each sync the birthday Dates in my Mac Contacts are decrease by one day... so for example the original date was 30.November 2013 -> sync will end up with 29. November 2013 -> next sync will end up with 28. November 2013 and so on. I don't have such Problem with Lotus Notes contacts on a Windows machine. Any help is Warmluft welcome. Regards TOKABLN - Germany
Please use plain text.