Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

New Contributor
mediacardformat
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Device Update with Mac

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have three questions regarding my BlackBerry Bold:

1.)  As a Mac user I would like to update my device software. However I cannot find such function in the BB Desktop Manager for Mac. Any advice?

2.)  I need to add certain languages e.g. Chinese or Japanese to my BB Bold. How?

3.) Is is possible to upload pictures onto my BB? Ideally in reduced size?

Thanks for the help! 

Message Edited by mediacardformat on 10-07-2009 02:50 AM
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jiamin

Re: BlackBerry Device Update with Mac

1. The function is there... click on the applications tab close to the top right. It should allow you to update device software. Unfortunately that has never worked for me.

2. You can do that when you go to update device software. There are certain checkboxes you can tick under Languages to add those.

3. I don't know how else to add pictures but to copy and paste them manually using finder. Access your BB via finder and you should be able to transfer files freely. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mediacardformat

Jiamin, thank you for the answer:

@ 1.) What  I mean is the device software one can download fmor the corresponding provider's webpage, an .exe file. This file is then openend and the content is added to the Desktop Manager. I couldn't find this functionality.

@ 2.) Correct. But first I cannot find Chinese and second I do receive an error window telling me that the selected languages are not present and can therefore not be installed.

@ 3.) Okay, thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jiamin

Re 1: from what I know, the DTM should automatically search for relevant updates to your device software and then install that to your device. .exe(s) don't work on Macs, at least not that I know of.

Re 2: I have Chinese on my DTM. Could it be cos I'm running 4.6 on my device and you're not? I'll admit I have no clue, so we'll just wait for someone with better knowledge than me to come along and help  you.

Re 3: You're welcome =)

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

The .exe files are for installation on a Windows based OS. You will not be able to install using these on a Mac OS. The BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac uses WebSL which connects to a server to locate the latest software made available by your wireless provider for your device.

If you notice that Chinese is not available it is because your wireless provider has not made it available in that software package. You may want to contact them for more information.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mediacardformat

Okay, that makes sense. Thank you.

Please use plain text.