Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

Contributor
kirrieweirs
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Apple 10.6+Blackberry ( BB software does not see phone ) (iCal does not sync to BB after MobileMe update)

That's interesting, thanks. iCloud has been a bit of a challenge to me so far and I'll need to check how to disable it before trying to synch again. Can I assume that you are on OS Lion 10.7.03?

Ta, Alan

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Messagepads
My Device: Q10 and PlayBook 64Gb
My Carrier: Proximus (BE)

Re: Apple 10.6+Blackberry ( BB software does not see phone ) (iCal does not sync to BB after MobileMe update)

Yes actually I am under Lion but changed my MB Pro in the meantime for a Mac PRO (without book....). Anyway, the iCloud functionality is akey issue for MAC users and BB Desktop software for reason mentioned previously.

Disabling it is a cruel choice of course as it deprives you from the security of this "automatic backup" provided by iCloud (and potential sync with other MAC devices of course). The backup should be compensated through a "Time machine" policy on your laptop anyway (systematic backup on an external disk).

This iCloud setting is located amongst the system preferences. You must at least disable the contacts and calendar items if you want to be able to use BB Desktop.

Pay attention if you have already exisitng contacts as it will propose to keep them or delete them when you switch off iCloud! Make your choice accordingly :smileywink:

Try this and let me know.

-------------
Don't forget to mark as "solved" if your question is replied and to "like" a useful reply to your post ;-)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kirrieweirs

OK, at the risk of sounding really thick, if I haven't already achieved that, what are the advantages/disadvantages of saving vs not saving the contacts? If I save them will I end up with double entries on the BB? I have the contacts/iCal on an IPad already so I assume that the cloud will just repopulate the MacBook when I re-login to the cloud? I'm doing the Time Machine backup to a external HD so that side of things is covered. Ta, Alan
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sabynnad
My Carrier: Rogers (in Canada): KCell (in Kazakhstan)

Re: BlackBerry Media Sync for MAC - FAQ

Is there a reason why some of the links proposed do not lead anywhere or to an expired page?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kirrieweirs

Ok, I just gave up and disabled iCloud permanently. I always had slight misgivings about Apple having all my data at their fingertips anyway. I shall adopt the Luddite approach and synch via USB from now on until someone comes up with a reliable (and simple) solution.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
stuartsco
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: BlackBerry Media Sync for MAC - FAQ

Back up not working?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lara_19800
My Device: 2013
My Carrier: 2013

Re: New Macbook Pro, desktop manager "just sits there."

Hi,

I am a non-technical person.A software developer of my company has designed a tips section on MAC.Please free to visit .It will be helpful.

Please use plain text.