Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

New Contributor
altego
My Device: 8310
My Carrier: o2

Bluetooth sync with iMac

[ Edited ]

I have no problems to sync using USB, but since both my mac an Blackberry have bluetooth, and can find and pair, why can't I sync mail calendar via bluetooth?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Dr_Palto
My Device: 9000, 9500
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Bluetooth sync with iMac

Hello altego,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Currently this feature is not supported on the BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac.

Thank you

-DrP

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
kenglaze
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8330
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Dr_Palto,

I would have been pleased to hear BB Desktop Manager for Mac would support Bluetooth.  Hopefully this is a feature that is being worked on for implementation in the near future.  Love wireless.

I have a B.B. Curve 8330 that has been working fine with wireless synching to my MS Office Outlook Calendar and Contacts at work.

Now I have a new 27" iMac at home and would like to sync my Office 2008 for Mac Entourage Calendar and Contacts (Mac Address Book and iCal too, if possible).

I've downloaded and set up the BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac on the iMac.  When I go to connect it I'm told to "turn off wireless synchronization" on my B.B. Curve in order to utilize the USB connection.

Can I do this and switch between USB at home and wireless connection at work without messing something up?

If not, can you please suggest how I can sync with my MS Outlook at work and my Mac Entourage at home with the least hassle and risk of data loss?

Thanks!

Ken

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Dr_Palto
My Device: 9000, 9500
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi,

You can disable the wireless synchronization on the BlackBerry by going to Contacts>Press the menu key and select Options>Select Desktop and set Wireless Synchronization to No.

However keep in mind that the BlackBerry smartphone will combine your data. This means that whatever is on the BB will synchronize to your Mac and vise versa. When you enable your wireless synchronization back on the information will transfer to your Outlook as well.

Thank you

-DrP

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vidmaster99
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Missing Sync for BlackBerry supports Bluetooth syncing, though its a paid for app:

{edited due to offsite content}

Please use plain text.