Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

New Contributor
deepwood21
My Device: bold 9650
My Carrier: verizon

Re: Can I sync with iCal after iCloud activated?

I have actually done that - disabled iCloud and restored from Time Machine my calendar to my local drive. I had tech support help since it was too complicated for me to figure out. All is back where it was before iCloud and iCloud is shut off. The sync still doesn't work - I still get the msg "an error was encountered while syncing, please retry"

I've given up. It always seems to be one problem after another with BB.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nickhrogers
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: t-mobile UK

None of these workarounds seem really practical - I have tried and ended up with multiple copies of calendar entries and address books and my BB still does not sync with my Mac unless iCloud is disabled - I am afraid the conclusion is a choice between iCloud or useable BB sync until this issue is solved!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Messagepads
My Device: Q10 and PlayBook 64Gb
My Carrier: Proximus (BE)

Well, yes nickhrogers is probably right.

As the only workaround is currently to repatriate locally the data files that have been "moved away" to the cloud by the iCloud migration process, I guess that this inevitably creates double records if you keep the iCloud functionality running.

If you switch it off though, you should be able to continue the sync with your BB at least, like you were normally doing it before the migration to iCloud.

According to Apple support, when this issue will be fixed by BB, you can then re-activate the iCloud sync. This should merge (and compare) the records in the process. So, if everything runs as expected, this should not create duplicates but just add the new records.

... So far this is just wishful thinking of course.

Please BB support, keep us posted on your findings and progress with this issue.

Thanks

-------------
Don't forget to mark as "solved" if your question is replied and to "like" a useful reply to your post ;-)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
RicciJoy
My Device: Curve 8680
My Carrier: Verizon

The work-around, for those of us with multiple calendars, is way too labor-intensive to make the cloud worth the trouble.

Signing out and restoring your calendar only (you don't need to restore the entire the entire laptop) from the moment before you made that dreadful decision to sign into iCloud will do it.

If you've been stumbling along with iCloud and are worried about recent entries, just write them down before you sign out of iCloud.

Note:  If you foolishly sign back in, even for a moment, your calendar will, once again, disappear.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ENAUMOV
My Device: BOLD 9780
My Carrier: MTS

Don't blame the iCloud - BB should admit the bug and issue the patch for it, or - much more better - new release of desktop software to support the cloud
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
deepwood21
My Device: bold 9650
My Carrier: verizon

Absolutely - if they want to keep customers from defecting to iPhones, they need to work with us, not against us. Worse yet, you can't even get a hold of someone in tech support

I have done the work around, disabling iCloud and restoring my calendar. I Still get an error message. Grrrrr.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
RicciJoy
My Device: Curve 8680
My Carrier: Verizon

Oh I wasn't blaming the could. I think the cloud is great and I'm bummed that I can't subscribe.  I do blame Blackberry for not being prepared.

On Morning Joe, a talk show, Joe asked the ? why BB didn't just stick to what they do really, really well - better than anybody else - texting and emails.  They fixed the phone so it's good, now....?

BB isn't going to be an iPhone, no matter what it does, because it's not Apple.  But they should have been prepared for this and for other opportunities to serve their customers.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hregaya
My Device: Bold 9700

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hregaya
My Device: Bold 9700

Is there a workaround for contacts?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
capmc
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Aliant

same problem and Bb said they could not help me as I cloud is a third party application...so the easiest solution is to buy an iphone instead...how stupid can BB be?

Please use plain text.