Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

tcreate
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Cannot locate source of strange "happy face" icon with star!

I recently had a new messaging icon appear on my screen (a yellow happy face with a red star) that I cannot find the source of. I do not use Yahoo Messenger or any other messenger application, and even deleted all that I could locate from my list of Blackberry applications.

I'm at a loss of what to do now. It's just annoying because I keep thinking it's a new message from my normal sources!

Thanks,

Holly

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
beaverdean

Re: Cannot locate source of strange "happy face" icon with star!

I had a strange icon appear quite a while ago and finally found it was from inadvertantly saving a webpage. It was a long time ago so don't remember how I found and deleted the saved webpage but the icon disappeared afterwards. Perhaps you inadvertantly saved something somewhere?

Please use plain text.
tim_adams827
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Re: Cannot locate source of strange "happy face" icon with star!

Hi 

I'm not sure if you've solved this? I had a similar thing happen, and I think I found the source of the icon in the messages folder. I have all my email accounts and sms folders as separate icons on my home screen, and the message relating to the icon wasn't sent to a specific inbox.

Hope this helps

Please use plain text.