Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

New Contributor
Projecto
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Cannot upgrade to 7.1 via wireless or Desktop for Mac

My Bold 9900 says I must upgrade to version 7.1 bundle 1997 FROM 7.0 bundle 2392.
When I tried it via Wi-Fi it was unsuccessful and msg said to use Desktop Manager.
I downloaded the Desktop software to my iMac, connected my phone, and. . even though my phone showed the two images of a connection, the app was unable to complete the upgrade (several attempts) and the upper left showed my phone as "unconnected".
Please Help!
Please use plain text.
KimAJ
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Verizoon

Re: Cannot upgrade to 7.1 via wireless or Desktop for Mac

hey guys. i have the same problem. i cannot update my bold 9930 from version 7.1 bundle 457 to the latest version 7.1 bunde 2123,

also.. my bbm doesnt work... it needs a downgrade according to my desktop software... my applicationcore also needs aa downgrade... ive tried updating wireslessly and with my desktop manager. ive updated my microsoft network frame to 3 sp1... ive tried everything.. still no luck..... the only thing that was succesful was removing the "activation required" message (its a verzion phone)....

can anybody help me???

Please use plain text.
KimAJ
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Verizoon

sorry fot the mistakes in my writing...was typing too fast...lol
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Projecto
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

I spent several hours on the phone with AT&T and the Blackberry folks, till I finally landed on someone who knew the problem. There is a glitch in the "Social Feeds" app on all the phones. It stops any attempt to back-uo or upgrade right at the Socil Feeds part of the backup. What tou must do is. . first back yp the phone with the desktop software. Before the backup starts, change the selection from "All" to "Selected". Then, manually check everything EXCEPT SOCIAL FEEDS". After the backup (mine took 1.5 hrs.) select Upgrade, but DESELECT BACKUP (except third party apps if offered). When the upgrade is done, hit the RESTORE button. That's it.
Please use plain text.
KaeT
My Device: -
My Carrier: -

NO!!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
anthropos
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Nope that's not the solution if you need an upgrade not a backup. With "Check for updates" there is no way to opt out of social feeds.

Please use plain text.