If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

larzjemand
My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: AT&T

Contact Sync Error

Hey everyone,

I'm going crazy with this.  When I try to sync my contacts, I keep getting the message "A sync error occurred.  Please retry the sync."  I have tried uninstalling the Blackberry for Mac software, deleting any remnants in my library/applicationsupport folder, reboot, permissions repair, and reinstall.  Nothing works.  All my other syncs seem to work fine (calendar, music, etc), but nothing seems to allow the BB to speak to my mac's address book.  I cannot sync, overwrite, or even clear the device data.  When I try, the following error message appears in the log:

2010-07-06 21:23:07.981 ERROR*** DESKTOP_CHL Commands  Device reply packet signals error. Error code is 2

Initially the problem just produced the sync error, but since I've started trying to fix it B4M stops responding and I have to force quit.

PLEASE, can someone help me?

lj

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
FRIEDCHIKKIN
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Contact Sync Error

Have you tried a battery pull in the midst of this? It sometimes is required to force the BB to refresh caches and memory.

Please use plain text.