Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

Regular Visitor
richardw3st
My Device: Not Specified

Desktop Manager Memory Hog Calendar Sync

Mac OS Version: 10.6.1 (Snow Leopard)

Device Software Version: 4.6. ??? (Update to lastest as desktop manager suggested)

Device Model: Blackberry Pearl Flip 8220

Carrier: Rogers

Are you using BIS, BES or both? BIS only

Did you have a previous version of Mac DTM installed? No

Doing a calendar sync (14 prev, 30 future, 1 calendar selected) makes the  DM grab more and more RAM (3 GB) until it dies.

The calendar sync actually seems to work (most of the items seem to reach the Blackberry) but when the progress bar reaches about halfway then the DM keeps grabbing more and more memory. It got to 3 GB of virtual memory and 1 GB real memory one time before it killed itself. At this stage hitting cancel does nothing and either the DM dies or it has to be forced quit.

There is a message in the log which says that some of the sync information was too large:

2009-10-02 20:53:28.110 INFO     default     main      Application will terminate ...
2009-10-02 20:53:28.121 ERROR*** default     pimSync   Error saving UI config data model: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=1610 UserInfo=0x1573d8e0 "syncSelection is too large."  userInfo: {
    NSLocalizedDescription = "syncSelection is too large.";
    NSValidationErrorKey = syncSelection;

NSValidationErrorObject = <BDCalendarsConfig: 0x1182ec0> (entity: BDCalendarsConfig; id: 0x1129bf0 <x-coredata://7407D53D- 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bood

Re: Desktop Manager Memory Hog Calendar Sync

[ Edited ]

Yep, pretty much the same thing here.

Sometimes the DTM will hang, and I have to force-quit, sometimes it just dies. The iCal data is sometimes transfered, sometimes not.

It's also taking up to 98% of CPU resources.

Message Edited by bood on 10-03-2009 08:39 AM
Message Edited by bood on 10-03-2009 08:45 AM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tilll

The same with me, this guy supposed it depends on the number of different iCal-calendars. Syncing only one calender hasn't changed anything for me.

BB Storm Hangs during Calendar sync on DTM for mac 

DTM syncs ~470 (out of ??) entries. (Seems to be pretty much all entries.) One way syncing, as the sync was done after deleting the calendar entries on my BlackBerry.

Curve 8900

Mac OS X 10.5.8

BBDTM 1.0.0 (build 89)

iCal 3.0.8 (build 1287)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bernd
My Device: Pearl 8100

Hello there!

Same problem here. BB Pearl 8100 with 4GB MSD... MacBook/OSX 10.5.8 Leopard

I have 3 calendars in my iCal application (Ver.3.0.8):  Home, Work and Birthdays. When I try to sync these calendars, the progress bar advances to aprox. 60% ~ 70% and then BB Desktop Manager stops responding (hangs) making the whole Mac to behave veeery slow (assumed Destop Manager is taking a lot of resources) and I have to force quit it.

When I look at the calendars items on my BB there are a lot of events missing.

Any clue how to resolve this?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
nicholasdwilson
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Qtel

RIM, I hope you're reading this.

I registered an account just so I could post this. 

DTM is a bloated memory hog and frequently crashes because of this. Obviously this isnt an isolated incident - each post in this thread has more than 3000 views since October and nearly 9 months later, your support team couldn't be bothered to respond to this issue.

How about you stop giving your mac user base the middle finger and come up with a fix for this issue. Or at least a response.

I'm dangerously close to buying an iPhone 4 here...

Please use plain text.