Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

New Contributor
pkasin
My Device: Not Specified

Desktop Manager for Mac VERY slow SYNC of Address Book

I have been able to sync my Storm with my Mac Addressbook.  However, it takes HOURS to sync.  I have 1040 contacts that I wish to sync - which is quite a lot - I know.  However, as a test, I synced only one category of contacts with 10 contacts in it and no other categories and it still too this long.

I have used various other syncing solutions in the past, and never has it taken so long.  I am using fast syncing as my choice!  In addition, my subsequent syncs (after the initial sync) are still very slow.

Anyone else have this issue?  Any solutions?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
snorian
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Desktop Manager for Mac VERY slow SYNC of Address Book

I'm having a slightly different issue in which my storm will only copy over a small selection of my contacts and not necessarily all of their information. I only have a 186 contacts and have found the sync process to be relatively quick though that could be because it is incomplete. 
Please use plain text.
cc234
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: T Mobile

Did you ever find a solution for this? I am having the same problem and it is driving me crazy :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
BJX
New Contributor
BJX
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: Mobilicity

I am using MAC BB Desktop Software version 2.3.1

I have a 9360 BB Curve and I have about 4600 contacts in it and various icals.  What I have done was plug it in at night and let it run all night.  This seems to work.

In my opinion this BB Desktop Software for Mac is a misnomer.  It's not actually doing a two way sync but a rewrite of the whole BB data each time the sync happens.  If you update one record in address book or calendar for example the sync should be two seconds or something fast.

As a software developer the desktop for mac is **bleep**!

No wonder BB is loosing market share to iPhones and Androids.

Please use plain text.