Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

New Contributor
bender031177
My Device: Bold 9900 & Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: Telus Mobility

Desktop Software won't sink my contacts.

I have Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 and Blackberry Desktop Software 2.2.1 and I can not sync my contacts with my Bold 9900. It synced with iCal and iTunes fine. I am trying to sync with Apple Address Book version 6.1. 

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
grahab
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: O2

Re: Desktop Software won't sink my contacts.

I'm having the same issue. My contatcs groups don't even appear in destop manager. Cal's and tast work fine. I have no wireless sync setup on any accounts. I've uninstalled/re-installed desktop manager, updated everything but still no joy. I can't get a single contact onto my blackberry using desktop manager.

It almost feels like my apple address book is the issue and desktop manager can't see it for some reason.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - i'm losing it!

Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bender031177
My Device: Bold 9900 & Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: Telus Mobility

Thsts exactly what happens with me.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
grahab
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: O2

I had to go with a work around. I setup a google account and uploaded all my contacts as vcard to that account. I then set that account to wireless sync my contacts. I have my numbers now but I also have an additional email account on my phone that I really don't want.

Frustrating!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bbernard
My Device: BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: Mobistar

Using a BB Bold 9900 brand new & Mac OS Lion (10.6.8) - had the same problem with my BB Curve...

BB Desktop Software (2.2.1 - build 7) won't sync the new contacts and modifications from my Mac to my BB, and vice-versa... (even though it's required to do so...)

Have already reinstalled several time the BB Desktop Software (with forget device) and rebooted the BB...

Hace already asked to replace all Contact from Mac to BB... doesn't seem to work iether...

Same problem occurs again... Has been like that for several months now...

I'm getting tired to re-enter manually all changes on the Contacts on both BB and Mac.

Notes :

- BB desktop shows the syncing of contact (and seems to make the changes during at least 1 minute) and indicate the check mark in front of Contacts

- The other applications are syncing fine.

Anyone can help?

Thx

Please use plain text.
InnerFight
My Device: Bold9900
My Carrier: Etisalat

You guys are lucky. I can not sync anything with my Mac and Bold9900!!

Have tried starting my mac book in 32 instead of 64 and now it doesnt even recognise the BB just charges is.

This is so frsutrating. Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Messagepads
My Device: Q10 and PlayBook 64Gb
My Carrier: Proximus (BE)

YES,

there are many ideas and potential solutions if you take the time to review and read the other posts on the same issues :Innocent:

First of all make sure that your iCloud functionality is disabled in the Mac system preferences because this iCloud "removes" the data files from the computer thus disbling any kind of sync through the BB desktop software.

Hope this helps.

-------------
Don't forget to mark as "solved" if your question is replied and to "like" a useful reply to your post ;-)
Please use plain text.
avdhilst
My Device: Blackberry bold
My Carrier: Digicel

Thank you thank you thank you this really helped!

I logged out of my icould on my mac and then synced my contacts on my mac to my blackberry!!!!

X

Please use plain text.
Siddhartha_joshi
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have the same problem...would love to share an image here, but can't see the option. Its super frustrating...

:smileysad:
Please use plain text.