Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

New Contributor
tismeinaz
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: verizon
Accepted Solution

Desktop mgr won't sync contacts

I just got a BB Bold 9650 from Verizon.  I have an iMac running the newest version of Snow Leopard.  I downloaded the Desktop manager and it sync'd my calendars and notes but not my contacts.  Contacts is grayed out and it has this message:

Contacts are currently configured for wireless synchronization.

To synchronize Contacts with BB Desktop Manager, turn off wireless synchronization by opening Address Book on your device and from the Options menu, selecting your address book and changing the Wireless Synchronization field to NO.  Reconnect your device and try synchronizing your data again.  

The only options I get are to sort and separate views or allow duplicate names or confirms deletes.  

I've clicked on every tab and button I can find and there are no wireless sync options anywhere.  The user's manual that came with the phone and the PDF manual are both pretty useless.  It is like they were designed for a different phone running a different os because I can't seem to find half of what I am looking for by following their instructions.

This is very frustrating because one of the main reasons I went with the BB is because they advertised that their phone would sync to the mac address book and calendars.  

Cheryl

Please use plain text.
Visitor
marley5677
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Desktop mgr won't sync contacts

i'm using BB9700. Faced the same problem with this,exactly. Anybody know how to turn off the wireless sync?

Please use plain text.
ThomasJordan
My Device: Bold

Go to contact's

Then options

then for each e-mail address listed, go into it and change the wireless sync setting.

Good Luck. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tismeinaz

That's what the User Guide says.  Only that option isn't there.   I was at Costco yesterday and they have a booth that sells cell phone services.  The guy behind the counter was mystified.  He has a BB Bold also but his is from a different provider and when he opens contacts, there is a 'default options' in the list and that is where the wireless sync is located.  My BB Bold does not have a 'default options'.   

Please use plain text.
eri82
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: Nutritionist

GO TO HELP ON YOUR BB, THEN SELECY SYNCHRONIZATION, AND THEN THE OPTION OF SYNCRONIZE DATA OVER THE WIRELESS SERVICE

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tismeinaz

As stated in the previous messages - this requires the option to synchronize.  When I go to help it tells me to go to options and choose sync wirelessly.  There is NO option to sync wirelessly not to mention the fact that I can't because my contacts are not associated with a BB enterprise system.  

It is my home computer and the BB desktop thinks the phone is set up to sync wirelessly and it isn't - there is no option to sync wirelessly.  NOT on my BB.  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tismeinaz

YEA - my contacts are now on my BB  bold.  Thanks to Verizon's help desk.  On my phone you have to drill down further to get to the wireless sync option.

open contacts

press menu button:smileyvery-happy:

choose options

choose email address 

then you get the wireless sync option. 

Apparently gmail accounts auto set up for wireless sync but the OS X address book does not like that.  You have to turn off the gmail wireless syncing (this includes any .edu addresses also) and then the desktop will sync to the BB.  

Cheryl

Please use plain text.
Migs
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Simple:

Disable iCloud Contacts syncing (in your system preferences) so contacts are on your mac and not stolen into the cloud.  Then sync. 

Migs

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
afourtrackmind
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Nope

Probably the most infuriating two hours of my life. Im trying to sync my contacts from an iphone to this balcberry. Am I the only person who feels this shouldn't be this ridiculously difficult? They're contacts. Im surprised that I can't just drag and drop my address book. I'm thinking of taking this archaic lump of turd back and getting an android. May not be secure but at least it'll work. COME ON RIM!!! This is the very poor. Very friggin poor. These are contacts! Maybe you deserve to sink if you can't figure out contacts!

The desktop software doesn't even lead you to the right folder? WTF? Get your **bleep** sorted out already. Why doesn't it tell me to go to 'contacts' as there isn't an address book on the phone leading to confusion. Are you all asleep at the wheel? This is not a smartphone. Its a frutration generator!

Please use plain text.
YPulley
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: O2

Hi, I am afraid this solution does not work for me. I am trying to transfer my BB contacts to my new iPhone and I still cannot find the wireless sync option so that I can disable it.

I am trying to sync to Outlook on my PC via using the BB desktop manager so that I have my BB contacts on my computer. From there, I'll find way to transfer the contacts to the iphone although not sure how this works at this stage.
Please use plain text.