Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Desktop Software for Mac

samiamnotaman
My Device: Not Specified

Help: 8310 unable to connect to mac via USB connection

It seems my USB port on my 8310 is inactive or broken. I have a Macbook, running 10.5.8 (Leopard).

I use the standard wall charger, so I know that the port (which also serves for the USB cord) works. 

But when I'm prompted to connect my Blackberry using the USB cord, there is no signal and it seems unable to connect.  Strangely, it detects the cord for the first 3 or 4 seconds with the "charging" icon on the Blackberry.  However, it quickly disappears and no connection is established.  I have "Desktop Manager for Mac" installed, but it is not set up - because I can't attach my Blackberry via USB for Manager to run the set-up. 

This has happened on both PCs and Macs, and multiple computers and multiple cords.  Another Blackberry user was able to update his Curve with my cord on his Mac. It's something to do with the USB port on my Curve 8310. 

I want to update my software to 4.5 (I'm currently on 4.2) and Messenger.

My "techie" friends are stumped, and I spent a while on customer service with AT&T and Blackberry.  Any help from the forum would be greatly, greatly appreciated!  I can provide additional details, if necessary.

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Help: 8310 unable to connect to mac via USB connection

It certainly sounds like a hardware issue with the device/port as it has failed in multiple systems with multiple cables.

As you have completed most of the troubleshooting that you can in this situation, you might want to explore replacement options.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Sammymu
My Device: 8800

I do not think it is a problem with the USB connection. My macbook's running Snow Leopard, and I have the EXACT same problem, including the 3 second detection. I do not have an answer but I do not think it is a hardware issue.  HELP!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vwsnoopy
My Device: blackberry curve
My Carrier: verizen

I feel your pain...

Mine actually charges ( keeps going into bedside mode) but the computer does not recognize it.  The blackberry software says not connected.  

Any help?

Please use plain text.